What you won't miss

bebero

Registered
Hi everyone! I was just wondering: what are your least favorite Thanksgiving dishes? Why? My boyfriend says that the dish he won't be missing this year is stuffing. Nobody in his family knows how to make it right!

I'm with Lee. I've never understood why somebody would want to do that to a perfectly good cranberry.

I love it, especially when it is fresh. Not too fond of the jellied kind. If you must buy it in a can, get the whole berry variety. Excellent with chicken too.

Cranberry sauce, water, sugar, and if you're feeling crazy... orange juice. YUM (And good for your urinary tract.)

Feeling EXTRA crazy?!?! Throw in some walnut chunks.

What I won't miss are the times my mother turned into a pouty baby at the dinner table and tried to make the holiday miserable for everybody even though it was my father who had gotten up early to put the turkey in the oven and then had spent the next 4 to 5 hours preparing all the side dishes.

That lady can kill a holiday like nobody's business.

I won't miss the people who like to take pictures of everyone at the table with the food in front of them so you end up eating cold food.

Turkey. As far as edible birds go, its pretty close to the bottom of my list

Canned cranberry jelly is just unholy.

I won't miss candied "yams." I love me a good sweet potato, but doused in sugar, butter, maple syrup, and marshmallows... not so much (especially in the South, where they are prepared so sweet they'll make your teeth ache.)

I've never been a big fan of stuffing, or at least the kind my family makes. I'll take plain cornbread instead, thanks!

Back