Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

Celia said:
This kind of derogetory reference to skin colour has no place on the baexpats site.

Is it really "derogatory"?

If s/he were to say that "all mochas are bad, so what did you expect from the mocha messiah", then yes, that's derogatory. But in an effort to distinguish Obama from "the true messiah", the word "mocha" was used. I'm not "mocha" or "black", but I don't see it as being "derogatory" so much as "descriptive".

Whatever. Other than appointing people whose negatives deemed them unfit for office in the past, it is such a quilombo right now that it's hard to figure out whether he is doing the right things or the wrong things. (Though it's not hard to figure out that he's doing many things differently than he said he would.)

Oh, and it would be great if he laid off the DVD gifts for a while. That's getting embarrassing.

Rad said:
Obama is a criminal on par with Bush, or worse.

But he does it with a kind face, with a thoughtful and concerned expression, with stirring words. And in our modern age, image trumps reality every time.

Why is it the US political process is utterly incapable of generating any change? Because it's completely in the hands of a moneyed elite. Any change that does occur comes from outside the political process -- e.g., reverses on the battlefield or economic crises. American politicians react to these within the narrow boundaries allowed them by their paymasters.

I never expected anything from Obama. And "I told you so" here on this forum many times. What I don't understand is the hysteria and enthusiasm generated every four years among Americans, followed by the inevitable disillusionment. Do they forget all the past disappointments? Or do they not ask why it should be different the next time around, when the unelected oligarchy remains the same?

Napoleon said:
Is it really "derogatory"?

If s/he were to say that "all mochas are bad, so what did you expect from the mocha messiah", then yes, that's derogatory. But in an effort to distinguish Obama from "the true messiah", the word "mocha" was used. I'm not "mocha" or "black", but I don't see it as being "derogatory" so much as "descriptive".

I didn't mean it as derogatory. I'm not exactly "white" myself. But I like the assonance of the consonants (or is it alliteration?) so I use it. Whenever political correctness raises its head, I just shrug and walk off. These are probably the same people who equate criticism of Israel with anti-semitism. Incidentally, Obama played the race card for everything it was worth during his campaign.

I know a good suit when I see one.

I also know the difference between a king and a servant (or someone who acts like one):

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200/04/obama_bows_down_to_saudi_king.html

How embarrassing!

The international humiliation continues...thought the eurotrash and most Amerikans still LOVE HIM!

Bow down (or kneel) now!

Especially if you don't know what it really means to be an American!

Psssst, Dudester, I'm waiting......

I'm nearly shocked. I never expected Mr. Obama to be particularly polished (not to be confounded with slick), but the depth of the bow (which would have been absurdly mediaeval anywhere in the West) shows it to have been studied. Why in the world would any American so plan to ridicule his own country?

Perhaps it's "the end" of diplomacy...

and the sycophants have no answer...but I do:

WE (AMERICANS) BOW DOWN TO NO ONE!

One of the most popular songs of the American Revolution was the rousing "We Have No King but Jesus"!

Really, I can't believe that Mr. Obama somehow thinks that a deep bow is merely courteous. If he did, wouldn't he bow deeply to all men?

mendozanow said:
You guys in Argie to escape the arrest warrants for the OK City bombing?[/quoteZ]

WHAT A MINDLESS POST!!!!..especially from someone who doesn't live in BA....

Back