Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

HDM said:
. . . the god of all dupes, George W Bush, kissed the . . . [Saudi king] and held hands with him.
That, as any Arab -- "traditional" Arab -- on this 'site could tell us, has long been a customary form of greeting between male equals.

7andfive said:
. . . . Do Americans spend too much. Of course they do. But until recently the economy was able to support that spending. And if you studied the history of the US(which you probably haven't) Americans are incredibly adaptable and hard working which is why the US will move forward pass this current crisis. . . .
"Seven", I'm as American as they come; but I fear that we've gone overboard this time, with personal and governmental spending both unjustified and unsustainable. The cohesion that formerly existed between Americans -- common language, near-universal respect for the rule of law, etc. -- is daily worn away by misguided governmental action. And our means of production lie rusting in the shambles of abandoned factories and polluted fields.

I agree that the United States likely will revive somewhat from the current economic depression. I hope that the best of America -- the recognition and demonstration that ordinary men and women can rule themselves -- will again be the hallmark of the land. But I'm not sanguine.

Only time will tell.

bigbadwolf said:
Obama was not to the manor born. My guess is the bow was unconscious and inadvertent. It must be deeply mortifying to most Americans. But I prefer to focus on Obama's policies, where he has been a complete sell-out.
Of course, BigBad, actually implemented policies matter more than etiquette. Actions, however (and perhaps unconscious acts most particularly), oft reveal tendency, character, and substance. Viewed in the context of his nascent policies (sure, give the man a year or two!), that deep bow may seem deeply revealing.

This thread is silly beyond belief. You boys can't be serious?

Apparently you don't find grown men (I am assuming) discussing the particulars of President Obama's greeting of the Saudi king, or the etiquette manners of various "classes" to be silly, but I sure do. One may assume none of you have work, if this is the most important way you can spend your day. As someone else wrote here, if this is all the Republican right can find to rant and rave about, then Obama must be a damn near perfect president. And now I actually do have work to get back to, and a debate in silliness, while often entertaining, is always unproductive.

I'll let John Stewart on the Daily Show make the case for me:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/08/baracknophobia-hannity-ba_n_184568.html

I don't know about Republicans or "rightists", HDM, not being either, but you may be certain that etiquette is important in diplomacy as well as common life. True, if one has had ideas inflexibly formed by a single region, he may be unaware that etiquette exists; but that doesn't alter the reality.

'Good, though, to see an American interested in working.

Ok. This little group is too wecky for me anyway.

2 and a half months
2 and a half months
2 and a half months
2 and a half months

Give the man time to prove himself

Reactions: RWS
Fellows, there are some Americans who believe that the end is near for good Ole IOUSA. Some of them are right on the mark when they say the worse is coming. But then who is to blame?
Friedman started all this BS with his army of assumed super-intelligent Chicago Boys School Club. They said he was a genius. Nixon the moron came along and got rid of the Gold Standard.
And then came along two of the best masterminds in the world, Papa Bush and his son. All these wise guys are American born and bred.
Their politics had power, money and greed in mind.
Today it has all come home to root. The circle has been completed.

I find it so ironic that history is repeating itself. Those of us who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
It is so sad that out of 300 million people in the IOUSA, they could not see this happening.
If every American were to go inside the CIA and read what they have done over the last 60 years it just might change the way Americans think.
I feel sad for them. Obama is not going to change a thing. He cannot. he is following the same financial principals of Bush. And lastly, the best thing that the American society could do to help themselves is to get rid of the Federal Reserve Club.
That is there only to serve the political will of the politicians.
The blind leading the blind.
Watch out for your dollar folks. It's not going to be worth a pinch of salt in the next 12 months.
By the way, very few today understand the cause of hyperinflation,let alone what it is going to do to IOUSA.
Let the cameras roll on

Back