Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

Hmmm...I voted for him but last time I checked, that doesn't make me a sycophant - it made me a citizen exercising my right to vote.

And I am not disappointed in him. Are there lots of things to do? Absolutely. But given it's only been 6 months in the midst of a global crisis, I'm thinking that is to be expected. Most of us who voted for didn't think he was the Messiah, hence we didn't expect him to fix everything overnight;)

For me, the US is taking steps in the right direction and I hope it continues.

The last post to this thread was July 2009.

That leads to the question:

Whatever happened to the Obama sycophants?

They're engaged in other things.

-Which is to be expected, given that the attention span of an Obama supporter is about par with that of a goldfish.

Neil

Strange, my post got deleted. Can't I ask if Citygirl still thinks the country is still heading in the right direction?

OK, now it's been over a year (and over a week since my last post on the subject.).

Is anyone still hoping for the kind of change they voted for?

Or is it just too painful to write about?

I'm hoping desperately for the change that could come about in November with the mid-term elections!

We traded one arrogant cowboy of a president who talked like a fiscal conservative but played like an out-of-control liberal and scared the shit out of the rest of the world, for a hugely arrogant liberal who, in the face of rising opposition to his plans, vows to do it anyway because he knows best for all of us, and who the rest of the world loves because they know he's weak on foreign policy.

I have to be honest - I never thought I would look back on Bush's presidency with such relative fondness...and I knew Obama wasn't the direction I wanted us to go, I just didn't know how bad it would be with him at the helm.

What are you on about? He is continuing what Bush was doing. It is as if Bush was still president, nothing is new.
Who do you prefer? The puppet to your left or the puppet to your right? They are actors who read of teleprompters, that's all. I prefer Bush, because at least he was such a clown and funny to laugh at.

steveinbsas said:
OK, now it's been over a year (and over a week since my last post on the subject.).

Is anyone still hoping for the kind of change they voted for?

The ones who voted for this idiot didn't know what exactly they were voting for. It was all couched in feel-good ambiguous vagueness (which liberals are addicted to). Obama is to all intents and purposes the reincarnation of GWB (except that GWB is still alive). Nothing of consequence has changed. In a couple of years the corporate-owned media will be stoking us into another electoral frenzy as the 2012 will be the most important election ever. Each time it's the same media spectacle. Personally, I think Ron Jeremy should run (there are Facebook groups devoted to this). The Ron Jeremy + Hul Hogan team should be invincible.

Back