What's in season now?

buddha

Registered
I'm new to BsAs so what's fresh and in season for the fruit and veggies of the area. Thanks for any help.

I've been getting wonderfully sweet summer tomatoes from the guy on Santa Fe between Justo and Humboldt. 2 kilos for 5 pesos.

Green beans,strawberries and nectarines are my current favourites. Beans 8 pesos a kilo,strawbs 12 and nectarines 10

CHERRIES!!!! and not for a long time either (dec. - mid feb.), grapes (especially the green ones), nectarines, watermelon, and peaches. You won't find this stuff during the winter months so enjoy them while they're here.

Speaking of cherries, i got 1/2 K for 14 pesos today... they are fairly good quality, then i passed by others for 15 pesos K that were fit for making liqueur out of but not much more than that. Last year, they were going for 4 - 5 pesos for a 1/4. This is from Villa del Parque on Cuenca bellow the plaza.

Does anyone have a good source for decent cherries? I will go far and wide for them!

Cherries here are 12 pesos for a kilo. In general in the less affluent barrios you get better deals . This price I saw in San Cristobal.

Correction to last post .Apparently the 12 pesos a kilo of cherries is so last year . Now they are 12 pesos for half a kilo..

FIGS !!!!
My lovely ladies are ready to burst with figs. Must have been all the pruning and violin music Ive been plaing for them
LOOOOVe Figs !!!

Love figs too but I did not realise they were in season now.Thanks for the tip.I will have a lookout for them.

Back