What's Next With The Peso Devaluation?

WV for example, produce in Argentina the Amarok and the Suran while the Gol is made in Brazil. The gol is the cheapest of the 3.

Even if Argentina produces the more expensive cars, if Argentines buy 10 Gols from Brazil but only sell 4 more expensive cars to Brazil, they will still have a deficit. So your argument would only make sense together with numbers of how many cars are bought/sold. And if you look at the numbers of car sales, small cars like the Gol are sold way more than bigger ones.

Bajocero, unfortunately, appears to have swallowed the whole choripán.
is that really necessary? Just because his opinion is different than yours it doesn't mean you can disparage his comments. You should grow up.

Even if Argentina produces the more expensive cars, if Argentines buy 10 Gols from Brazil but only sell 4 more expensive cars to Brazil, they will still have a deficit. So your argument would only make sense together with numbers of how many cars are bought/sold. And if you look at the numbers of car sales, small cars like the Gol are sold way more than bigger ones.

Your thinking is right, but even the number of cars sold would not tell the whole story. Argentina lost most of its heavy manufacturing capabilities after the 2002 crisis. As of right now, outside of body stamping of cars, and basic components like glass for the windows, metal handles and bucket seats, very little in terms of components is manufactured in Argentina. From the Amarok to the most basic car made and sold in Argentina, most of the components are imported, mainly from Brazil. The engine for the Amarok comes from Brazil. So does the transmission, breaks and many other critical components. Volkswagen only has an assembly plant and basic component manufacturing in Argentina. The gearboxes, the engine and whatnot are all made in Sao Bernardo do Campo, in Sao Paulo, and then shipped to the Pacheco plant in Argentina for assembly.

By the way, the Pacheco plant also produces the Gol (cheap). While the Audi A3 and the Golf are all made in the VW plant located in Sao Jose dos Pinhais, Parana.

You don't seem to appreciate metaphor.
no,I just believe if you have a valid and salient point, you dont have to reduce yourself to trying to ridicule others. Personal attacks are usually a sign you are losing an argument. But do what you want. I was just stating my personal opinion.

A very interesting article from Bloomberg Business Week.

mccomb.me/1ir5L4T

I apologize if it has already been posted by someone else somewhere else.

Tom

Jack, it's an accepted fact that BC walks and talks the government line and as such will always leave himself open to criticism here.

Jack, it's an accepted fact that BC walks and talks the government line and as such will always leave himself open to criticism here.
I don't know Bajo cero. From what I've read, he's an immigration lawyer that from time to time gives pretty good advice on the forum regarding mundane Argentinian legalities and beurocracy. A lot of which I've found helpful. I do get the hint that hes a pro Kirchner nationalist. But that isn't a reason or an excuse to attack him personally. If you take issue with a policy he agrees with, intelligently deconstruct his argument. No need to attack the guy personally. But that's just my opinion. Everyone does what they want.

Back