What's The Best Way To Deal With The "trapitos"

pay them, sometimes if they take the p1ss (set rates, rates per hour) I just bite the bullet and pay a proper parking garage. Only ever seem to end up paying them in Palermo. Even there there a places you can park and walk to your destination, dont look to park right by the busier streets and you can sometimes escape them.

To drive arounf the City Take a cab,,,,! If you park in a proper parking or pay the Trapito the savings between 2 taxi rides (100 pesos) may be nominal against the convenience of door-to-door service plus the option to ingest Alcohol :D

I am vacationing in Mar del Plata and there are many of them, near restaurants, beaches and even in the remote areas near public access beaches. Often are children.
50 meters from them there is Police all dressed up (see pic) and watching private balnearios or gathering and chatting with a bored exp<b></b>ression in fancy places (promenade, etc).
Isn't there a law against underaged labour?

We try to avoid parking where children are working as trapitos. We give trapitos some pesos (5 to 15) depending on the length of our stay. Usually they don't really make much in the parking area (they don't keep it clean, seldom help you out) and I am not sure what kind of 'protection' they can offer (except from themselves).

policia-escuela.jpg

I saw a bit on the news yesterday where they arrested a trapito in MDP for harassing tourists.

The last time a trapito asked me for money when I was parking,I asked him how much and he said whatever I wanted was fine. I gave him $30 pesos and he stole one of the hubcaps off my tires. I guess he wanted more money.

Back