What's up with fast food prices?

Please define "good fresh fries," how they were prepared (if you know).
Well, "good" meaning they were good tasting, "fresh" meaning they were obviously just out of the frier and hadn't been sitting in some damn warming tray for half an hour, and as for how they were prepared...does the word "fries" not strongly imply that they were fried? I did not venture into the kitchen to oversee the process, but I'd bet my bottom dollar they hadn't been anywhere near a microwave oven. I can tell the difference.

Well, "good" meaning they were good tasting, "fresh" meaning they were obviously just out of the frier and hadn't been sitting in some damn warming tray for half an hour, and as for how they were prepared...does the word "fries" not strongly imply that they were fried? I did not venture into the kitchen to oversee the process, but I'd bet my bottom dollar they hadn't been anywhere near a microwave oven. I can tell the difference.
My husband and I talk about whether the fries are good or not when we're swamped with work and end up ordering McDonald's to eat and get back to working so I know exactly what you're talking about.

Sometimes they're stale, sometimes they're soggy, sometimes there's not any salt (and no, adding it after they serve you isn't the same as adding when the oil is still on them for anyone Wonder) and the rare occasion, they're perfect.

Now, this might be a hot take, but I sometimes get them when they put the stales in the fryer to re warm them and I'm actually the kind of person that likes them supper crispy like that, so to Red's point, there's no one way to slice a good fry, sometimes they're good, sometimes they leave something to be desired

Twice-fried chips are almost obligatory in parts of Europe, particularly Holland and Belgium, which claims to have the best chips. Accompanied by mayonnaise, none of that frankenketchup if you don’t mind. It ruins everything it comes close to.

Twice-fried chips are almost obligatory in parts of Europe, particularly Holland and Belgium, which claims to have the best chips. Accompanied by mayonnaise, none of that frankenketchup if you don’t mind. It ruins everything it comes close to.
Triple fried are popular in the UK, where the best chips come from.

don julios says they cut them up and freeze them. when you order them they go into the fryer. dont ask for ketchup. they will be insulted

I found myself out looking for some dinner later than usual last night, after spending some 5 hours wrestling with a recalcitrant piece of software.

Around 10pm, coming back from the ATM, I was walking up Tribunales, and I peeked into the McDonalds. At a quick glance, all the sizable hamburgers looked to be 3600-4500 pesos, and there was a *mob* of people waiting, maybe 35-40. Shaking my head, I walked on north toward the tracks, and looked into the Mostaza. Prices were even higher, and there were far fewer people. Muttering under my breath, I headed homewards and went into my favorite neighborhood cafe instead.

I had a hamburguesa completa, topped with lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, and an egg, plus a mountain of good fresh fries, accompanied by a big glass of red wine, a large bottle of water with gas, and then a bombon suizo, (a slab of ice cream bathed in chocolate), for dessert. In addition, they also brought me bread and some very good berenjena en escabeche to accompany my wine while I was waiting for the burger. The tab was only 5000 pesos. I tipped the waitress 1000 pesos.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over? WHY are all those boludos in the MickeyD's?

As an aside, I have to say I am loving my new neighborhood of Villa Urquiza. This place is so much nicer than downtown.

I have always been baffled by this myself too. Fast food places are usually expensive compared to nicer options and they are always packed!!

Hey guys, here's a random interjection. I've only been here a month and before leaving North Carolina, US I went to McDonalds since we were busy packing and moving stuff to the storage unit. I was floored! $15. A meal was 15 bucks! I don't think it's been all that long since I went previously, but I know it wasn't anywhere close to $15. For some reason in my mind meals were about 6 dollars. Needless to say we're incredibly appreciative of the prices here...and the quality of food.

Back