What's Wrong with the Young Guys in BA??

This whole thread is making me laugh but for the record, the lady hammer pants are popular everywhere ... Argentina is certainly not where the blame lies, it's a freaking global phenomenon (like climate change!)

These are MC Hammer pants:

1578329554_a92301c81c_o.png

They are not really the same. I call them hippie pants because in Europe, only hippie chicks wear them.

According to the beginning of the thread, it must continue saying that youngers don´t listen Mozart anymore and only pay attention to a bunch of messy noises and doubtful poetry; they don´t read anymore and are almost illiterate; are shallow and have not social commitment or political interests; girls behaves like whores and it is extremly easy to get laid at present times, etc, etc.
I think that in these posts there is a generational issue. I heard same things from parents and grandparents about my generation. While I really hate those half shoes half snickers mix, I have the uncomfortable feeling that my future is behind related to music, literature, clothing and sometimes with movies.
But it is not true. There is no lost paradise, and willingly I try over and over again to walk over the first impression on youngers to acknowledge that they are not so different that we were.
Btw, I´m 47 y.o.

they actually call the hammer pants harem pants. but they are still ugly as sin

These pants are every where, personally I think they look like they have crapped themselves.

As for the generalisations, perhaps it is just the youth that is seen on the street. I have deal with some very smart young men. I don't know which are the exceptions, but they are out there.

As in the food, the Architecture, the music, all things it is not black and white, The colour depends upon where you stand.

pandulf.ironhead said:
1) i can tell you one thing; despite all your stereotypes they seem to do quite well with the western women.

2) their style is from europe not NYC. NYC is radically different unless you only hang out in west vil and the meatpacking district.

3) just because argentine guys keep their manhood, and dont walk around looking like over groomed little girls doesnt mean they are unkept.

only in asia and the east-coast is there obsession with a clean shave. i prefer to keep my manhood.

Guys here are really small compared to the US. have you tried to buy clothes?

Re: the hammer pants --

Put on your glasses everyone -- yes they are ridiculous, but they are something truly Argentine -- they are GAUCHO inspired, at least they're taken from culture here, that's why everyone wears them, I even saw a guy in jeans a la gaucho yesterday.

Gaucho pants, not hammer pants

Well im a young local and i can confirm i dress like shit, i have no interest in fashion at all. I also shave only once maybe twice a week. However i do like to keep my hair short.:D

syngirl said:
Re: the hammer pants --

Put on your glasses everyone -- yes they are ridiculous, but they are something truly Argentine -- they are GAUCHO inspired, at least they're taken from culture here, that's why everyone wears them, I even saw a guy in jeans a la gaucho yesterday.

Gaucho pants, not hammer pants

I saw a guy in them too once and the crotch area was below his knees!!

Back