What's Wrong with the Young Guys in BA??

syngirl said:
Re: the hammer pants --

Put on your glasses everyone -- yes they are ridiculous, but they are something truly Argentine -- they are GAUCHO inspired, at least they're taken from culture here, that's why everyone wears them, I even saw a guy in jeans a la gaucho yesterday.

Gaucho pants, not hammer pants

really, i thought they were based off of SE Asian fishing pants

Those pants were used by kabyl mercenaries during the french colonization of maghreb (zouaves). The large sitting area was making it easier to ride horses and the thin end to put boots on. They are called sarouel, or siroual : sirwāl (سروال) which simply means throusers in arab:cool:

frenchzouaves1jb.jpg

They were originally used by ottoman riders when they conqueered that area and were called Spahi (which means rider in Turkish).

1934_Mam_zelle_Spahi.jpg

Ryoga said:
pandulf.ironhead said:
1) i can tell you one thing; despite all your stereotypes they seem to do quite well with the western women.

2) their style is from europe not NYC. NYC is radically different unless you only hang out in west vil and the meatpacking district.

3) just because argentine guys keep their manhood, and dont walk around looking like over groomed little girls doesnt mean they are unkept.

only in asia and the east-coast is there obsession with a clean shave. i prefer to keep my manhood.

Guys here are really small compared to the US. have you tried to buy clothes?

So do their elegant grandfathers look like "groomed little girls" to you?

"Western women"--if you mean USofA girls, because Argentinians are Western too--are usually vile beasts with no taste, so I'm not surprised if a dog would do well with them. Anyway, I conceded in my post...that I'm surprised...at the fact that you see hot Argentinian girls walking around with pot-bellied, slumped-over guys in T-shirt and capri pants and a dull look in the face...who look homeless. I take it from your post that you think that's cool because at least they don't dress like NY pansies. Metros are gross but so is looking like a bum. And I think capri pants and acting like a momma's boy is pretty effeminate by the way. But anyway the comparison I made in my post was to Brazil. Are you seriously going to tell me a spoiled, bitchy pot-bellied Argie momma's boy is more manly than a typical Brazilian guy or midwestern American, just because he refuses to shave? More manly than his grandfather who does shave?

I think the boomer generation was fucking corrupt everywhere and ruined most of the young in Europe, the US, and the Americas...in different ways...

hmmmm, different values, attitudes and dress style = wrong.

Let me tell you, wrong is a very subjective term which implies that you, the original poster, think are right in you view. Do you truly believe this or are you just joking with us?

It can been argued that racism and elitism dangerously stem from a lack of social tolerance, a tolerance of others and their differences.

While we are not obliged to like young argentine guys, their style of dress and attitudes, i argue that there is nothing wrong with them at all, rather it is you who may need to see things differently. Acceptance of similarities and differences is fundamental in cohesive society.

Lol I think the poor original poster made more of a curious observation to see if they were the only one seeing "this" and now they're getting an earful about how much they suck for ever considering such a dastardly personal observation. Sure some of the terms used could have been sugar coated to be more PR, but I don't think there was any malice behind it. They just said something that without the luxury of anything else but a grey box seems a little mean spirited.

I am often embarrassed lately by the American tourists/expats I see here. I see these guys that look like desk-jockeys and office bitches walking around in cargo shorts and a polo shirt that shows off the extra tire around the waist. They have a soft, yielding, clean-cut look in the face and give off the air of being complacent pussies. They're usually accompanied by their virago wives or girlfriends who walk as if they had hooves. The worst is when such types get loud and obnoxious as happened to me the other day at a Peruvian restaurant. These guys and their ugly girlfriends just kept talking in a loud, self-absorbed way about their daily bathroom routine and heartburn or something as if it was the most interesting thing since liposuction. This fatso had a perpetual smirk on his face that would make any man want to punch him.

Lee said:
That is the "ugly American" that is not new. Always been there and hopefully on the way OUT!

Happy New Year!

I want to see those types. Living in the suburbs you don't get to meet those people. Anthropologically interesting, I mean.

This site is great! And a happy new 2010 for everybody.

Back