What's your favorite Malbec that you can't find easily in the USA?

USAtoBA

Registered
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
64
Likes
41
Hi expat friends,

I am heading back to the US for a week in the next month or so, I want to bring some friends and family a bottle that they can't find in Total Wine. None of them are big wine drinkers, so I don't need anything too fancy, and I don't want to spend $100 a bottle, because I'm probably looking at five or six bottles, anyway, a good Malbec, that you recommend to bring back.

Thank you 🍷
 
I really enjoyed A Lisa Malbec blend from bodega Noemia (90% Malbec – 9 % Merlot – 1% Cabernet Franc). I don't think it'd wind up at Total Wine, but can't be certain it hasn't made it to the U.S. in any capacity. I've never seen it up there. It's a Patagonian wine, so a bit different than what they might be used to from Mendoza. I stopped drinking two years ago and just looked up prices for some of my old favorites and Boy, Howdy they've soared. Great time to be a teetotaler. This bottle seems priced fairly...ranging from 36,000-50,000 pesos at most boutique wine shops.

a Lisa.jpg
 
DV Catena wines are awesome. Familiar name in the US, but not sold there. The line starts at around $20US equivalent - try the Bonarda.
 
Mandocaster. Whoops! No! That's a cute little solid electric mandolin by Fender
1790608860078.png

I mean Malbecaster
1790608810735.png1790608810735.png
It's not easy to find - my last two bottles were the last two bottles from Superservicio, José Cubas 4510. I don't know if they have restocked but you won't find it in Coto or Carrefour or places like that.

It has a rockstar history - Sting isn't the only musician to own a vineyard - and with the gimmicky label makes a nice novelty gift. I also think it tastes quite nice.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top