When are apartment prices finally going to fall??

Status
Not open for further replies.
SaraSara said:
Residential space can't easily be rented to businesses, but apartments used for offices can also be used as residences.

Wouldn't foreigner would have just as much "trouble" renting a professional apartment for more than six months as one that was not?

SaraSara said:
My daughter has a vacant efficiency apartment in her Colegiales house right now, and I'm trying to talk her into renting it to foreigners. Actually, they would be better tenants than some locals, who may prove impossible to dislodge if things go wrong.

Sara: whats an efficiency appartment?

Saludos

steveinbsas said:
Wouldn't foreigner would have just as much "trouble" renting a professional apartment for more than six months as one that was not?

I don't know about that. But I do know that foreigners come and go, while Argentinians may stay for years, not paying rent and fighting eviction notices.

It is very hard to evict non-paying tenants from UNFURNISHED apartments. Furnished units are in a different class - I believe they are called "seasonal rentals".

People I know who own rental property much prefer foreigners, as long as they are not diplomats - they make lousy tenants.

steveinbsas said:
Did someone actually write that $500 per month is cheap?

For a one bedroom apartment in Palermo or Recoleta it is impossible.

What are you trying to say?

Sorry Steve: i wrote a long answer showing what i was trying to say, got logged out and lost it. If I have the patience to re write it I will certaily do.

I just want to tell you guys this:

Last month I rented, no hassle, no garantia and in pesos a furnished place for a month in beautiful BELGRANO R for 1110 pesos.

This is not a lie and the place was ok. Not to mention the barrio!

So I think you just have to search more!

Chau.

gulabjamun said:
Sara: whats an efficiency appartment?

Saludos

It's a large room with a full bath and a basic kitchenette, sometimes in a closet. Here they are called "monoambientes".

steveinbsas said:
Quote:Originally Posted by Denver
This is my observation too and it is mind-numbing. The state is an enabler in this with their import restrictions. High tariffs serve only to buy votes and to develop bad domestic business practices.

What has Niel's comment to do with this thread?

It is something that he said at the beginning of the thread, I guess - I read it here. Didnt you?

Still, it is briliant. (was not only neil, he answered someone did you notice?)

gulabjamun said:
Sorry Steve: i wrote a long answer showing what i was trying to say, got logged out and lost it. If I have the patience to re write it I will certaily do.

I just want to tell you guys this:

Last month I rented, no hassle, no garantia and in pesos a furnished place for a month in beautiful BELGRANO R for 1110 pesos.

This is not a lie and the place was ok. Not to mention the barrio!

So I think you just have to search more!

Chau.

Not everyone can do this, even if it's true...

especially "inocente" newcomers who don't speak castellano but decide to "move" here without knowing anything about the reality of life here.

steveinbsas said:
Lack of monedas has nothing to do with it.

Those waiting had already paid and were waiting to board.

(and did not want to pay twice as much for taxi as a few years ago...)

Steve!

This move has started in 2007 DEAR!

I am not talking about yesterday!

Obviously it did not change.

Other than that... what time of the day was it? Cuzz at 6 or 7pm it has ALWAYS been like this on D line.

I thought you were talking about ALL DAY LONG activity.

I'd ask you: what does this have to do with this thread? when you have just criticised Neils comment, that actually HAS to do with it.

I am guessing you just want to polemizar. Out to buy a chiche for my Mac!

steveinbsas said:
Not everyone can do this, even if it's true...

especially "inocente" newcomers who don't speak castellano but decide to "move" here without knowing anything about the reality of life here.

Even if it is true?

Want a picture of the contract?

I happen to have it.

I am done with ya. You dont want to accept anything others say.

BTW, you paid too much in 2006. A friend of mine got a studio in front of Parque Las Heras for 350 usd. And that was expensive, cuzz I paid the same in a 100 sq meter apartment close to alto palermo at the time... so... talk about innocent newcomers...

Try argenprop.com.... BUT SEARCH! there were absurd deals there too.

kgerickson99 said:
As a extended stay tourist (We've been coming to BA for 1 month a year for 5-6 years), I've got to say that the cost/benefit equation is quickly approaching the turning point.

Yeah, I think this is the problem in the long run for tourism in Argentina. Expensive flights to get here, new fees for Americans and Canadians and 30% inflation (or whatever it is). I wouldn't recommend a trip here to anyone unless they know specifically what they want to see and do in Argentina. Otherwise, I don't think it's really worth the cost to just check the place out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back