When are apartment prices finally going to fall??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices ARE going to drop.

When people stop coming. And they already are. (But then the government will devaluate the peso even more, and there will always be a newcomer to think this is so ridiculously cheap..." cuzz in NY if you got the same"... knock knock there is not only NY in the world)

I've already noticed real state prices, if not falling, stopped the rising curve.

The other day I walked thru an inmobiliaria and saw the prices crossed out (surprise surprise!), up to 8000 usd less in the new price. This will keep going down. It will happen soon... will soon be too late?

Besos.

My daughter has a vacant efficiency apartment in her Colegiales house right now, and I'm trying to talk her into renting it to foreigners. Actually, they would be better tenants than some locals, who may prove impossible to dislodge if things go wrong.

When will the price of beef and cheese fall?

With the increase of the US debt and money supply by at least 100% in the past year I'm afraid that prices are about to skyrocket.

And yes, I do have a university degree in economics.

(Not that that makes much difference.)

SaraSara said:
My daughter has a vacant efficiency apartment in her Colegiales house right now, and I'm trying to talk her into renting it to foreigners. Actually, they would be better tenants than some locals, who may prove impossible to dislodge if things go wrong.

Sara, this is the best post you have made.

But what difference will it make when the foreigners stop coming?

steveinbsas said:
If the commute is by subway, linea d is the best, but recently it has become almost as hellish as the rest of the lines (except on weekends).

All of the other lines are much worse.

He's 2 blocks from the A line now. Not commuting to work yet but is commuting to school in Pilar via his car. I only rode on the linea D twice to his friends house, it did seem nicer/easier.
I never knew what being close was before riding the train at rush hour. Even the subway in NY isn't that packed. I thought I was going to come out of there pregnant!! :D

NYKate said:
He's 2 blocks from the A line now. Not commuting to work yet but is commuting to school in Pilar via his car. I only rode on the linea D twice to his friends house, it did seem nicer/easier.
I never knew what being close was before riding the train at rush hour. Even the subway in NY isn't that packed. I thought I was going to come out of there pregnant!! :D

Last week I got on linea D at 9 de Julio at 3PM. THERE WERE SO MANY WAITING TO BOARD THAT NOT ALL COULD GET IN...

At Tribunales no one else could board.

It wasn't anything like this a couple years ago at this time of day.

RECENTLY ARRIVING FOREIGNERS MIGHT FIND TAXIS CHEAP...

BUT NOT ARGENTINES.

steveinbsas said:
But what difference will it make when the foreigners stop coming?

That won't matter. There are several people interested in renting my daughter's efficiency for office space - it has independent access from the street, and a very good location. She's leaning that way, because commercial renters don't have the protection home renters have.

This efficiency is zoned commercial - there's a remise firm who has been after that space for a year, but she doesn't want cars coming and going at all hours.

I just thought it would be more fun to rent to backpackers.

SaraSara said:
There are several people interested in renting it for office space - it has independent access from the street, and a very good location. She's leaning that way, because commercial renters don't have the protection home renters have. The efficiency is zoned commercial, so she wouldn't have any trouble. There's a remise firm who has been after that space for a year, but she doesn't want cars coming and going at all hours.

I just thought it would be more fun to rent to backpackers.

Are you suggesting that expats rent a commercial space to live in?

How is that helpful?

And what do you suggest they say when they are asked for their DNI?

To the person who was complaining about 500 for a studio - keep in mind, that price isn't just the apt, it's the furnishings, the expenses, etc. So no, I don't think that's an unreasonable price at all.

I looked at renting an unfurnished place (I have no issue with a guarantia) and by the time I factored in buying furniture, paying expenses, etc. it really wasn't that much cheaper than renting a furnished place.

steveinbsas said:
Are you suggesting that expats rent a commercial space to live in?

Residentlal apartments can't easily be rented to businesses, as other owners may complain because of increased traffic. However, apartments used for offices can be used as residences. It is done all the time.

However, none of that matters when you own a house outright, like she does. Her 1907 casa chorizo, was formerly divided into two apartments. She's been using the efficiency for storage, and also has lent it free to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back