When I re-enter Argentina with my new iPhone, will the aduana charge me

@MilHojas, we all know the rules, FFS! What we routinely ask for is their enforcement. I hope they have more important stuff to care about right now.

$500 is not the average price of a computer for professional use. It is a ridiculously low amount. And an iMac is not a notebook, so it wouldn't even fit the description.

I hope they have more important stuff to care about right now.
Like what?

In any case, it is a gamble. If they X-ray your bags and see a 24 inch All-In-One computer, most likely you will have to pay.

This was a good plan when you could mixup with tourists, but now that no tourist is allowed, it doesn't sound as much as bulletproof as before.

I would like to bring in the new 24" iMac M1 for myself. I really want to upgrade my computer and this one looks amazing. I am currently 'stranded' in Europe and I am working on my old 15" Macbook Pro which is a pain, since I am used to working on a 27". I would be using it before boarding the plane, so no doubt it is for personal use. I also need to buy an external HD to use for TimeMachine.

I went to see the new 24" iMac M1 and it is lightweight, definitely can fit in a suitcase, though I am not sure that also the cardboard would fit and if it would be handled more carefully if it stayed in its original box with the word FRAGIL all over.

I am not even sure I'd pay $900 in taxes or a random amount. It is not yet sold in Argentina anyway, so I am not sure if they would calculate taxes on the amount stated on the invoice or on a made up amount of their choice.

Thoughts?

Is the suitcase hand luggage or not? If not, I would not take it on a plane. Airline companies normally have in their fine print that you cannot take valuables in your main luggage and if you do, it is your responsibility if it gets stolen and you won't get any refund. Valuables do get stolen by luggage handling staff.

I don't think it is that small to fit a hand luggage. We did ship as checked baggage a 27" iMac when we moved to Argentina. It was of course a prized prey to AFIP but we had the Consulate's papers in order and they had to let us in without paying.
On ML there are people selling iMacs "traídos de los EE.UU." and I figured out they took them in their suitcases. How else?

I've passed through with 2 computers before. I got dinged trying to bring through 3 once. even opened and without boxes. your iPad and MacBook is probably OK but if you try to bring more be careful. the phone in your pocket won't matter
Dinged meaning what?

Will they let me bring in canned salmon?
Fiscal, I’m glad to see you are alive and well.

I have brought all kinds of foods into the country over many years/ trips.

Never had a problem.

Nothing like that ever seems to be checked very closely or in my case at all.

Never Had any one at Ezeiza say anything about the food in my luggage.

Give it a shot, you should be okay.

Best!

Back