When Will I Ever Learn- Mercado Libre Edition. (And Warning)

Sorry to hear that ...... infuriating !!!!!!!

People are generally nice here. But there are so many mo**** fu***** chorros that spoil life .... and they feel so empowered by Cristina. I heard they live in villa`s don`t pay f*** all no luz no cable no taxes on free land with double cars in each house. They are NOT poor. To get their votes Cristina gives them allowances and computers for each kid to stay idle with no work, only organize demonstrations, they live like kings, and whatever else extra they need they just go out and steal it, knowing that prisons have revolving doors. Their God damn given right. In Cuba when I got robbed it did not feel the same because they really are poor. Here the SOB`s are NOT poor.

Something to learn every day.

Wow, so many times it happened !!!! so many !!! No one was aware ..... Thanks to you Lucha ... now we know

My cousin had the same problem 3 months ago with fake bills usd and iphone 5
amazing

Yup. All of the above have happened to me. A couple of years ago an old guy tried to buy a computer of mine with fake US bills. When he handed me the clearly fake bills I was nervous that he was going to try and rob me. I handed them back to him and threw him out of the building. That was the last transaction I ever did from an apartment. Then, I got the fake mercadopago nonsense. I wanted to trap that person. I emailed, texted, and talked to him on the phone. I tried to get MercadoLibre or MercadoPago to help. They never help users at all, for anything. You are totally on your own. Finally that brings me to today where every once in a while I list something not too expensive in pesos. Then, I spend a week or two answering retarded questions and having people disappear after they have agreed to buy it at a somewhat lower price. As far as I am concerned the single most important thing to remember in MercadoLibre is "Buyer/Seller Beware."

Oh no....
Same thing happened to my friend a while back. Sold an ipad for U$D900 and got scammed with fake bills....
What a shame :(

Yup. All of the above have happened to me. A couple of years ago an old guy tried to buy a computer of mine with fake US bills. When he handed me the clearly fake bills I was nervous that he was going to try and rob me. I handed them back to him and threw him out of the building. That was the last transaction I ever did from an apartment. Then, I got the fake mercadopago nonsense. I wanted to trap that person. I emailed, texted, and talked to him on the phone. I tried to get MercadoLibre or MercadoPago to help. They never help users at all, for anything. You are totally on your own. Finally that brings me to today where every once in a while I list something not too expensive in pesos. Then, I spend a week or two answering retarded questions and having people disappear after they have agreed to buy it at a somewhat lower price. As far as I am concerned the single most important thing to remember in MercadoLibre is "Buyer/Seller Beware."

We also tried to get MercadoPago & MercadoLibre to help with no luck. They told us the same guy ripped off about 10 other people with the same scam, all in the same week and then disappeared. When my boyfriend tried to take it to Defensa del Consumidor he was told they don't help the sellers, only buyers. Pretty frustrating that there's really nothing you can do about it!

We also tried to get MercadoPago & MercadoLibre to help with no luck. They told us the same guy ripped off about 10 other people with the same scam, all in the same week and then disappeared. When my boyfriend tried to take it to Defensa del Consumidor he was told they don't help the sellers, only buyers. Pretty frustrating that there's really nothing you can do about it!

Yeah, and what I also hate about mercadolibre is that now your rating as a seller will go down as you will have a non-completed transaction. But, instead of it showing up in your history, so others can see it, mercadolibre will erase it entirely. Which is another reason most people dont realize how many problems there are with sales, as mercadolibre simply removes any trace of fraud from sellers histories.

nikad- maybe my asking price was too high and that's why it took so long to sell. I had it up on Mercado Libre for a week, the listing expired (I opted for the zero- commission option) and then when I reposted the second week i got the question from the interested party. I should have used MercadoPago but I didn't have the bank account, didn't want to bother using my boyfriend's account... I was lazy and cheap and there's just no free lunch in life. *sigh*

What was your asking price?

I've found myself reluctant in certain situations to 1) count the bills to make sure I got all of my money and/or 2) to inspect the bills to make sure they are not counterfeit. I think the other person will think that I don't trust them. I've seen the same thing from other American's from whom I've purchased items. They never count or inspect the bills (at least while I'm there picking up the merchandise).

If one is buying or selling here a bill-check marker might be a good investment.

In all honesty I never count or inspect bills either - I do not sell in dollars though - but it is mainly because I sell to buyers with good rep of at least 10+ purchases sales and that have joined a while ago, at least 6-12 months. Now the op mentioned that the item had been up for sale for a week. In my experience, expensive items do not sell like hotcakes these days. Back in Dec I put up for sale 6 iPads, and it took me around 2 1/2 months to sell them all - with the most expensive listing that is. I made whatever profit I was looking for though.

Back