When will life return to normal?

Very good news Bajo. The central bank should keep printing and enforce price controls. Why not $60,000 for each citizen? $30,000 is too low.
Well, Macri was printing Lebacs and Leliqs with no limit. I don’t understand why this doesn’t upset you too.
Printing money is what all the countries do. In this case is a soft loan to employers. What’s wrong about that? The other option is looting, shortage of hyperinflation genius of the economy.

Very good news Bajo. The central bank should keep printing and enforce price controls. Why not $60,000 for each citizen? $30,000 is too low.
In times of heavily reduced economic activity, individual stimulus are the way to go. They keep money flowing through the economy at a time when there'd otherwise be barely any transactions and also help people to survive the crisis.

Funnily enough, you would be saying nothing if the money was directed at businesses instead of individuals, as usual.

1) Yes. It is not for free. The employed has to pay back with a soft loan. They give you until 16 million pesos at 28%. So, a lot of people are going to find themselves in debt they previously didn't have?
2) The idea is to extend 1 month more, until May. Great, what if it extends THROUGH May? Will there be another 30,000 available? What about if into June, will people have access to another 30,000?
3) As soon as this allows tondo not pay the debt, the economy is not going to be that bad. If this extends past May (really, why wouldn't it?), what stimulus is there to ensure the economy won't be that bad?
4) We do not need to hunt and fish, the country produce enough food for 400 million people. I am not the one who said people should hunt and fish. Again, I was directly responding to someone else.

The Government should give full throttle to the printing press perhaps get more presses.

Before Social unrest starts like reported in Southern Italy, in Palermo and Naples, supermarkets are looted, and some shoppers were robbed of their loaded shopping carts after returning from supermarkets. Easier targets.

The Government should give full throttle to the printing press perhaps get more presses.

Before Social unrest starts like reported in Southern Italy, in Palermo and Naples, supermarkets are looted, and some shoppers were robbed of their loaded shopping carts after returning from supermarkets. Easier targets.

As I mentioned elsewhere, markets in La Plata are closing in anticipation of looting. Its hard to predict the repercussions.

Well, Macri was printing Lebacs and Leliqs with no limit. I don’t understand why this doesn’t upset you too.

Haha wow, you get very triggered at any perceived criticism of your preferred politicians.

Because this thread isn't about Macri. I've stated in threads relevant to Macri that his management of the economy was horrendous.

Printing money is what all the countries do. In this case is a soft loan to employers. What’s wrong about that? The other option is looting, shortage of hyperinflation genius of the economy.

$30,000 isn't enough that's what is wrong with it. A stifled demand for so long and surging unemployment is going to cause deflationary pressure on the economy therefore they should be printing more money.

In times of heavily reduced economic activity, individual stimulus are the way to go. They keep money flowing through the economy at a time when there'd otherwise be barely any transactions and also help people to survive the crisis.

Funnily enough, you would be saying nothing if the money was directed at businesses instead of individuals, as usual.

I'm an economist ventanilla. I don't need you to explain to me how aggregate demand and the multiplier effects works.

There is no reason to bailout shareholders of corporations. Let it go to zero. The assets can be repurchased and organized by new investors.

UBI should be implemented for the duration of this crisis.

Life will not return to normal for a long time as this has been decided ahead of time to take advantage of this crisis . Social distancing will be here to stay for a long time and i fear that the beautiful warm culture that Argentina is famous for will cease to exist . Mate with friends in the park .friendly greetings of people at all social gatherings will cease to exist , milongas I fear will never reopen as this dance will not be able to be changed to adapt to the new culture . Sports will be heavily affected and only a few sports like tennis , badminton etc etc will continue .

We will look back at the last few years as something beautiful and special forever and will tell our grandchildren of the good old days .

You are counting on common sense. And you well know what it is said of it.

Since I turned to an old fart, I've practiced keeping my personal space as much as possible.
As a rule, I normally keep a good distance between myself and the next customer on front of me. This is also usually not the case with the person behind me. The idjit(s) behind me love to stick so close to me that when i reach for my wallet I love to meet and greet with my pointy elbow. First notice that you are to close.
Sometimes, a conversation is held so close to me that it covers the music from my earphones and if i turn around it appears that i'm part of it.

That kind of stupidity is not going away that easy.

Iz

Back