When's Dinner?

When's Dinner time?

• Nothing's chages, I eat at the same time as always.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dinner time is that same as Argentine dinner time.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Its erratic. Dinner time is always different.

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

gpop

Registered
Just curious.
Argentines eat dinner fairly late as compared to those in North America. I used to eat dinner anywhere from 6 to 7pm at the latest. Now dinner is after 8:30 at the earliest or 9pm.
If we order food sometimes, there are places that won't be open or even take orders before 8:30.

The question is: Has being in BA changed the dinner hour in your home, or do you maintain the same schedule as you had back home?

I prepare all of my meals and eat dinner when I am hungry.

The only execptions in the past six years were the four BAexpat dinners when I ate later than usual. :D

(It's worth noting these dinners are usually scheduled for 8PM.)

I would like dinner to be around 7 since the kids bedtime is 8:30. However it is not usually on the table till 8.

dinner at 10 or 11pm? no problem for us whether we are here or in new york city (or madrid). here's to late dinners!

We've been here almost 8 months but maintain, for the most part, mostly for the kids, a US schedule for meals (6:30 or so dinner time) except for special occassions or those involving Argentines. Sorry, Argentine kids are generally majorly sleep deprived and eating a meal at 9 or 10 and then going to bed that late just isn't good for them (or us, for that matter). Bummer is nt being able to order out during our dinner time since 95% of the restaurants are closed. It should be noted, for the record, that we're not here permanently and will be returning to the US so this is also part of the reason we haven't deviated to Argentina dinner times.

We ate around 7pm before moving to here from Thailand and now I am used to eating around 9 or 9h30pm. I actually prefer to eat late.

We usuallly eat dinner 8 to 9. :) I've always been more on Spanish time, so it wasn't much of an adjustment. When I'd visit my family in Spain dinner was usually 10 to 11.

But dinner tends to be a light meal, unless we go out. The heavier meal is at lunch.

I at in the 530-7 window in the us, here its more of the 630-830 window. I don't like to go to sleep directly after I eat.

Yes I definitely changed my habits. Most people work much later in BA than in the US or western Europe. It's not possible to eat at 6 PM. I seldom eat before 8 PM, often much later. Instead of eating dinner before a concert I eat after which can be 11 PM or later. I prefer that. More relaxed.

Being a a carnívoro nocturnal, I have dinner at the same time as always in the last 40 years, between 22 and 01.

Back