Where And When Do Expats Meet In Person In Ba?

Never tried a barber but I'm pretty sure there's no one worse that my nearest verdulero. He didn't even need to hear my accent, to start in English - where are you from? I told him in Spanish - where I come from we say hello and introduce ourselves, before we ask questions. He smiled, and in English - and where are you from? I smiled, and in English - Sorry, I no English speak, hablas castillano? (Ok, maybe I teach it, but I just didn't feel like disclosing). His colleague, laughing, in Spanish - Do you have a boyfriend? Me, in Spanish - Yes, three. Verdulero, in English - And where are you from? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, it's here now. But it's still 5-6 years behind the US, in terms of how people there have completely lost connection with reality around them, or the slightest shred of shame when it comes to replacing conversations with facebook. It takes a little while to really breed out the human factor and completely brainwash all the sociability out of people, and Argentines are still very social, and always have been relative to Americans. The States is zombieland. Here, for example, it's still relatively rare to see people sitting together at a bar and barely talking to each other, but all looking at their phones.

Today I saw some video clips of people hit by cars while crossing the street immersed in their phones. Looked like clips from all over - USA, Eurpoe, India - definitely a world-wide problem, the text worth dying for.

BTW, when I saw those four kids at the restaurant I said to my wife, "Do you suppose they're texting each other?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tce-THLUE
sounds kinda like this no? reverse roles

Never tried a barber but I'm pretty sure there's no one worse that my nearest verdulero. He didn't even need to hear my accent, to start in English - where are you from? I told him in Spanish - where I come from we say hello and introduce ourselves, before we ask questions. He smiled, and in English - and where are you from? I smiled, and in English - Sorry, I no English speak, hablas castillano? (Ok, maybe I teach it, but I just didn't feel like disclosing). His colleague, laughing, in Spanish - Do you have a boyfriend? Me, in Spanish - Yes, three. Verdulero, in English - And where are you from? :rolleyes:
I would suspect that we have the same verdulero except that mine works alone and has no nearby colleague. Otherwise, sounds like the same guy. Had a US friend visiting and took him to the carniceria/verduleria. The verdulero practically popped a fuse with so many extranjeros in his shop at the same time. That was two years ago, but he still asks me how's Rick every time I see him.

He sells good produce, though.

Surprisingly,nobody who has posted so far has heard about TEDx Programs or the rebirth in public speaking.Very big in the U.S. and now in Argentina.Myself and an Argentine partner will be offering courses in these techniques starting in January '16.
I'm interested in this. There are many Argentine professionals who would appreciate coaching to deliver their presentations in English. Where will you be offering these courses?

Sabrina .
Thanks for your interest in delivering presentatations in English.
Myself and others are presently working out a starting date for these and other interface skills in English as well as a venue.
Hopefully,this could be up and running by mid-February.
in the meanwhile,you might view on BA MeetUps-"Desarrollo de Competencias para Alto Rendimiento en Empresas" in Spanish.
I am from the U.S. and i will be working together with these Argentine coaches.
Please visit my webpage to view some of my courses www.interfaceenglsh.com
(Sorry if you have a problem with it.Some hacker has been messing with it lately)

I had attended Toast Masters in BA in 2007. But in Spanish.

Are any toast masters in BA done in English?

Sabrina .
Thanks for your interest in delivering presentatations in English.
Myself and others are presently working out a starting date for these and other interface skills in English as well as a venue.
Hopefully,this could be up and running by mid-February.
in the meanwhile,you might view on BA MeetUps-"Desarrollo de Competencias para Alto Rendimiento en Empresas" in Spanish.
I am from the U.S. and i will be working together with these Argentine coaches.
Please visit my webpage to view some of my courses www.interfaceenglsh.com
(Sorry if you have a problem with it.Some hacker has been messing with it lately)
The website apparently does have a problem... I will try to attend the chat in San Isidro next Tuesday. If you plan to go, we'll meet there. Otherwise, please keep me posted. Take care! Sabrina

Sabrina:
I plan to go to the Digital Marketing Meet Up on Thursday,Jan. 28 but not the Coworking Itinerante on Tues.26.
Ceviche: Yes.there are 2 Toast Masters Groups in B.A. The English one meets on Tuesdays.
I went to one meet up becayse I really like their system.However,the topics are not sufficiently business oriented for my needs.

There is a Digital Marketing meetup happening on the 28th? Where is it? I work in Digital Marketing and am working in Buenos Aires for a few months. This sounds so cool!

Sabrina:
I plan to go to the Digital Marketing Meet Up on Thursday,Jan. 28 but not the Coworking Itinerante on Tues.26.
Ceviche: Yes.there are 2 Toast Masters Groups in B.A. The English one meets on Tuesdays.
I went to one meet up becayse I really like their system.However,the topics are not sufficiently business oriented for my needs.

Back