Where And When Do Expats Meet In Person In Ba?

DrPat

Registered
Hello!

My name is Patricia and recently moved to BA from New York City. It is great to find such a vibrant online community of expats. However, I am mostly interested in meeting in person. Are there any regular meetings in BA? If so, how often do people meet? I am already going through culture shock so would love to meet to share similarities and differences between cultures. I look forward to your replies.
Warmly,
Patricia

Patricia:
At the moment,the only open to all face to face meetings are the Coffee Chats.I think that there should be another on Thursday,Dec.17.
Mostly members post their views on different topics .There are some rather heated written debates with those of differing points of view which can be interesting to participate in and follow.I really think it would be interesting to start a Speech and Debate meeting once a month or so.
If your main interest is to meet people face to face,I suggest that you take a look at the many Meet Ups on offer on the Meet Ups Buenos Aires website.I myself go to about 3 of them.

Human interaction in the digital age. Are you kidding?
Once upon a time in a far away place people would share/laugh/cry together.....

Surprisingly,nobody who has posted so far has heard about TEDx Programs or the rebirth in public speaking.Very big in the U.S. and now in Argentina.Myself and an Argentine partner will be offering courses in these techniques starting in January '16.

Well, not really discussed. Everyone sits at a table at Starbucks and texts/e-mails everyone else. There's no actual person-to-person vocal communication, but we're all looking at our screens in the same place. It is 2015, after all! :lol:

The mobile version of this website doesn't work very well from my phone, I have issues in navigating pages of the same threads and between threads.

I have to admit, it would drive me nuts to sit at a table where everyone is messaging or browsing the internet with their phones. i have enough problems with keeping that under control when we go out as a family!

I guess I could read a book with my Kindle app...

I have to admit, it would drive me nuts to sit at a table where everyone is messaging or browsing the internet with their phones. i have enough problems with keeping that under control when we go out as a family!

I guess I could read a book with my Kindle app...
That would work! You can pretend to text with the Kindle keyboard and no one will notice! (And you did notice that I used the S-class font above, right?) :cool:

Back