Where are the Canadians...?

Nah, I'm just never in a mood to hear Argentines (or others) bitch, moan, and groan about the United States when they listen to American music, watch American movies, eat at McDonald's, and buy their coffee at Starbucks.

It just seems that anytime I mention that I am from the U.S., people feel the need to give me some kind of lecture and make me feel responsible for every single U.S. policy. *sigh*

It's, in fact, one of the best ways for me to keep my peace.

well....i mean americans and canadians we are united here in a place that's different for both of us....but i mean i've just been around so many americans...and aside for being giggled at everytime i say "eh" i just feel like it's hard when they start talking about an american city or sports or something else that i dont know about...and that crazy Canadian is off in her own world thinking "la la la la" .....so how about this Toronto restaurant...
Any Canadians wanna meet up there in the next week or so and chat about things that make our country just as rockin as any other???? Message me!!!

weeeeee
that crazy Canadian...
Jojo

bradlyhale said:
Nah, I'm just never in a mood to hear Argentines (or others) bitch, moan, and groan about the United States when they listen to American music, watch American movies, eat at McDonald's, and buy their coffee at Starbucks.

It just seems that anytime I mention that I am from the U.S., people feel the need to give me some kind of lecture and make me feel responsible for every single U.S. policy. *sigh*

It's, in fact, one of the best ways for me to keep my peace.

My second trip to Europe, I backpacked around for 3.5 months back in the summer/fall of '97. Every time I met new people who were NOT from the States, I basically had to wait about 5 minutes for them to get out their shpiel of all the shit that the US does before we could move on with the conversation. After accepting that stuff for those 5 minutes, they would realize that I was a good guy and there wasn't any more of that to put up with. But those hostel lobby encounters were as predictable as the glockenspiel.

Now if the rest of the world knew that the Canadians do ALL of the bad things that the US does and barely any of the good things that we do, then they would HATE them! But as it is, they are the most loved people in the world. Just ridiculous, but according to polls, it's true. :rolleyes:

Eh?

Napoleon said:
My second trip to Europe, I backpacked around for 3.5 months back in the summer/fall of '97. Every time I met new people who were NOT from the States, I basically had to wait about 5 minutes for them to get out their shpiel of all the shit that the US does before we could move on with the conversation. After accepting that stuff for those 5 minutes, they would realize that I was a good guy and there wasn't any more of that to put up with. But those hostel lobby encounters were as predictable as the glockenspiel.

Now if the rest of the world knew that the Canadians do ALL of the bad things that the US does and barely any of the good things that we do, then they would HATE them! But as it is, they are the most loved people in the world. Just ridiculous, but according to polls, it's true. :rolleyes:

Eh?

Canadians have always had a grudge against Americans. It is just the way it is. The only mystery is how Americans do not know it.

Napoleon said:

Eh?

ALL of the bad things? I don't remember us going ahead and joining in on the Iraq war with you guys. Proud moment in my life as a Canadian thank you very much.

oh, i DO remember us going into Afghanistan what, 4 or so years before you guys ever got around to stepping foot in there and of course you completely ignored it in your news until some of your guys got killed there.

We also give a higher percentage of our budget to foreign aid than the US, we actually have a healthcare system (even though in the US right now their running that stupid propaganda campaign to say that it's crap, and yet we still get Americans running up to Canada for free surgeries and cheap pharmaceuticals), and we DON"T allow the mixing of God into our politics.

If there's one way to figure out who's Canadian on this board it's to say that we're just like the Americans -- there's no better way to have the true Canucks come out of the closet than to piss us off by saying we're just like YOU. Sorry, we're not.

fairchild said:
I am Canadian tooo! Living in Buenos Aires long term! Perhaps there should be a reunion...
I've been to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.

If you guys bring the maple syrup, I'll make the pancakes.

okay....so what about this meeting at toronto on rivadavia some time soon???
and no we are not like the Americans.... im just saying we are ALL different.....some just have more stigma than others

Well, I don't have a grudge against the Americans - most of my friends here are from the US and there's a reason that they're not There - but Here. Certainly they can join us if we have a reuinion (but don't bring your lousy pancakes - bring bagels!) if they're willing to pay about $50 USD for the maple syrup because it's damn heavy to be importing. BTW - I'm from Western Canada and no, we don't speak French. So, where and when are we meeting?

Back