Where are the Canadians...?

I am a Unitedstater, (I'm creating a new adjective) and I think Canada is great. We clearly have a lot of similarities, but a lot of differences as well.

I've made the mistake once of asking a Canadian, who I didn't know was Canadian, "What state are you from?" ... Not missing a beat, she replied, "You mean province?"

I didn't notice anything different about her accent... :p

Oops.

or saying "eh"......cuz we def say that!!! haha.....and there is nothing wrong with the way i say about....

well i would love to do this Canadian get together.....how about this thursday???? it's tuesday now....email me personally [email protected] ......and we ccan figure out cuz im certainly not going to go there by myself, wait there, and hope to god someone shows up...

:)

okay well so much for tonight....

Canadians....you're letting me down eh...

id love to reschedule a meeting......but someone has to take me up on it...

Hey there,

Montreal representative here. I'm here for at least 6 more months count me in for any future Canadian themed reunions:)

Hi

Toronto guy here! Will be in BA until June 2010. Count me in :)

BTW, have any of you noticed the prices for a bottle of maple syrup here? $62 pesos at Disco!

The other day I saw a can of Canada Dry ginger-ale for $9.60 pesos also at Disco!

The Canadian Embassy, every so often, hosts a get together at their premises, next to Canal 7. Locals and expats mingle with the current staff. There are tickets sold, which get you drinks and empanadas. IT´s usually on a Thursday, I think, the 3rd or 4th THUR of the month. Sometimes, the meetings are suspended, either through the summer, or in the dead of winter.

Call info at 110, and get their phone number. You need to RSVP over the phone so you are on the list when you show up, with photo ID of course!!

Back