Where can I buy food coloring?

Food coloring is an ingredient that can be added to food or other items to enhance or add color. Food coloring can be homemade or commercially produced, naturally derived, or made from synthetic materials. All food coloring is edible, though some people may have sensitivity to food coloring. A food color additive extracted from dried bugs and commonly used in fruit drinks, candy, yogurt and other foods can cause life-threatening allergic reactions. It can also cause palpitations, hives and itching in children, restlessness, sleep disturbances and asthma.

danneva said:
Food coloring is an ingredient that can be added to food or other items to enhance or add color. Food coloring can be homemade or commercially produced, naturally derived, or made from synthetic materials. All food coloring is edible, though some people may have sensitivity to food coloring. A food color additive extracted from dried bugs and commonly used in fruit drinks, candy, yogurt and other foods can cause life-threatening allergic reactions. It can also cause palpitations, hives and itching in children, restlessness, sleep disturbances and asthma.

Thanks for the heads up?? :confused:

Thanks to Celia's comment back in 2009, I actually thought to check out my local dietetica and sure enough, yes, there was food coloring. And I didn't have to make a 2 hour round trip to Doña Clara or anywhere else. While I'm on the subject, I want to praise my local dietetica, La Simbólica - Carlos Calvo 708. If you live in San Telmo, it is a must-stop shop! Perhaps this already exists, but wouldn't it be a great idea if we had ongoing posts about the Best of Barrio X? This would be on my Best of San Telmo list.

Back