Where Can I Find Soy Milk?

Irelander

Registered
I'm looking for soy milk in the Palermo/Belgrano area if possible. The 'Casa de Ohsawa' in Ciudad de la Paz doesn't have any until March. I've heard that it can be had in some 'diateticas'... anybody know one? Thanks

You should go check the dieteticas or look for Ades natural flavor at any supermarket right next to the juices and sodas. Or in Chinatown, there is a store that sells only soy products.

The "chino" supermarket on Vidal (near Vidal and Juramento) and next to the synagogue (don't confuse it with the one directly across the street called "Mercado Lider" or something like that) always has Ades soy milk.

Hi Thanks, but it seems there is no Ades soy milk to be had in the city at the moment. This is a topic that has been discussed before in this forum ... in the summer months it just disappears... there's ADES fruit flavoured soy drinks but no soy milk. In any case it's very sugary (as well as being made from GM soya), so I was hoping there was some alternative available, other than the 'Casa de Ohsawa'. Ideally I'd like to be able to make it myself, but surprisingly for a country so associated with soy production, domestic appliances like 'Soyabella' etc. aren't available here at all.

there is this soy store in barrio chino, mendoza y arribenos, where you can find fresh sweetened or unsweetened soy milk. it's opposite the ichiban supermercado

Bulk soybeans are cheap here in the dieteticas. You can make your own. Not too difficult. There are lots of how-to's online.

I started making my own almond milk recently. It's not too difficult, but very expensive. Would like to find a store that has almonds cheaper than $100 per kilo.

Back