Where Can You Study In Ba Before Finishing The Hs Validation

natykerouac

Registered
The question bar wouldn't let me fit it all in...
Which universities in Buenos Aires let you start studying before completing the 'convalidacion'/validation of your high school studies? UBA requires that you complete it before registering, which involves taking a lot of argentine high school tests, and studying for them first...but I know some universities allow you to start studying while you do this, is that true, and if so, which are they?

Any private university will probably let you take classes (i.e. pay) before completing the covalidation.

You could enroll in Spanish classes in la UBA, which allow you to qualify for a student visa.

Any private university will probably let you take classes (i.e. pay) before completing the covalidation.

You could enroll in Spanish classes in la UBA, which allow you to qualify for a student visa.

Its kind of a catch 22- the free universities make you complete the covalidation.
The for profit ones dont- but your stated goal in coming here is NOT to have to pay.
There aint no free lunch.

Its kind of a catch 22- the free universities make you complete the covalidation.
The for profit ones dont- but your stated goal in coming here is NOT to have to pay.
There aint no free lunch.
Yes, that's definitely the only reason I want to come to Argentina...
I have a college account in America. It would be free either way. But I want to study in Argentina.

Can you apply to a university using the student visa you got from another university?

If you read carefully through the UBA´s website for international students, UBA recommends you to verify if the diploma you are looking to earn is going to be valid in the country where you want to work after graduation.

Can you apply to a university using the student visa you got from another university?

I did. Actually, I didn't finish my degree in the States, but I was accepted into two private universities in Buenos Aires based on that. They warned me that I would have to take all the Argentine high school equivalency exams before graduating from the university here.

I did. Actually, I didn't finish my degree in the States, but I was accepted into two private universities in Buenos Aires based on that. They warned me that I would have to take all the Argentine high school equivalency exams before graduating from the university here.
you applied to an argentine university using the student visa you got from attending a different argentine university??

you applied to an argentine university using the student visa you got from attending a different argentine university??

I have permanent residency, I never had a student visa. I studied in the university in the US, but it as enough for me to be accepted in a private Argentine university. However, a friend of mine did get a student visa and studied medicine en la Universidad del Salvador by using his U.S. degree.

I don't think you would have any problem changing universities, but if your goal is UBA, then you would probably be wasting your time and money. They (generally) don't accept transfer credits and you'll be starting from 0 with the CBC.

Back