Where did Barrio Norte go?

mariposa said:
barrio norte is not a neighborhood, it's a real estate concept.

That may be true. I do know that whenever an Argentine moves to the area bordered by Libertador, Cordoba, and Pueyrredon, they say them moved to the "Barrio Norte".

Steve is right in that a couple of blocks either way can make a lot of difference. Streets have their "good blocks" and their "so-so blocks". Some streets even have a good side and a bad side: Santa Fe is one of them. In the most expensive section between Callao and Plaza San Martin, the side nearer Cordoba is the bad side - shop rents there are much lower than on the other side of the street.

Nice article Reemster, I wonder what it takes for a barrio to be considered "official".

Weather the area is considered Barrio Norte or not, the new Starbucks is currently being constructed on Pueryrredon. I'm at 1770 and it's right across the road from me, so not sure exact address, but about 3 blocks up from Santa Fe.

Cannot wait until it's complete! looks like it's about a week away from being complete.

therealsupa said:
Weather the area is considered Barrio Norte or not, the new Starbucks is currently being constructed on Pueryrredon. I'm at 1770 and it's right across the road from me, so not sure exact address, but about 3 blocks up from Santa Fe.

Cannot wait until it's complete! looks like it's about a week away from being complete.

That is in Recoleta. The Starbucks at Viamonte and Callao is in Balvanera.

Thanks, SaraSara y Steveinbsas. The point that I was trying to make is that the apartment , at Paraguay and Junin, for example, advertised as being in (oh, so elegant) Recoleta would have a much higher price tag, than if it was advertised as in Barrio Norte.

Back