where do all the adults hang out?

journeyjane

Registered
i've been in buenos aires for a few months now, and while i realize that most clubs cater to the 18-26 y/o age range, surely there must be bars/clubs/cafes where people in the 30 and up range hang out? i'm studying here and as a result find myself consistently surrounded by people 10 years younger than me. thoughts?

Any after office is for the 25/35 range, but that's during the week, mainly wednesday and thursday

Godoy (Godoy Cruz and Paraguay) has an older crowd, after office Wednesdays
L'Abeille, though a bit chi chi (Arroyo, Recoleta)
Oasis Clubhouse, bar outside a bit chilly in winter (Costa Rica y Armenia)
Faena Hotel Bar, expensive but some excellent bands (look at their website) and a good atmosphere
The boat in Puerto Madero (wednesday nights I think)
Thelonius for some good jazz
Limbo in Plaza Armenia has a proper bar you can sit round
Kansas (Palermo / Las Canitas) Early happy hour.

etc.etc.

Hope this is useful

Miles Lewis said:
Godoy (Godoy Cruz and Paraguay) has an older crowd, after office Wednesdays
L'Abeille, though a bit chi chi (Arroyo, Recoleta)
Oasis Clubhouse, bar outside a bit chilly in winter (Costa Rica y Armenia)
Faena Hotel Bar, expensive but some excellent bands (look at their website) and a good atmosphere
The boat in Puerto Madero (wednesday nights I think)
Thelonius for some good jazz
Limbo in Plaza Armenia has a proper bar you can sit round
Kansas (Palermo / Las Canitas) Early happy hour.

Great suggestions. To Miles' list I would also add Velma Cafe in Palermo Hollywood.

I'm a 35-year-old male and have been living and going out here for about a year. Here are some places I like that seem to have a slightly older crowd:

1. Carnal (Niceto Vega and Humboldt) in Palermo Hollywood. Nice terraza on 2nd level (heated and covered during wintertime) and live music on main level on weekends. Nice variety of tables and couches on both levels.

2. Also in Palermo Hollywood, El Unico (Honduras 5604), a small-ish bar with indoor and outdoor seating that always seems to have plenty of activity, both early and late.

3. In Barrio Norte, Shamrock (Rodriguez Pena and Arenales) has a lot of after office traffic during the week and then dancing and DJ downstairs Thursday - Saturday. Casabar is a block closer to Santa Fe on R. Pena but the crowd here tends to be slightly younger than Shamrock.

4. Milion (1048 Parana), also in Barrio Norte. Great cocktails, a tad on the pricey side. Beautiful decor.

5. Van Koning (Baez 325) in Las Cañitas. Dutch pub.

6. In Palermo Viejo, Godoy (Paraguay 4905) has halfway decent dinner early on and then morphs into a boliche. Beware of cougars :eek:

i would add Congo (Honduras and Godoy Cruz) which also has an inside and heated outside garden and bar.

and hell yes, "35 year old males have to beware of cougars".
you just have to be able to outrun their wheelchairs.

Why would u run in the first place? You guys gotta seize every opportunity that comes your way.. I've found that playing the stereotypical broke college student role in this type of situations is highly effective.

Think about it this way, if it works you're all set for getting plastered on them while practicing your spanish/gibberish and if it doesn't they'll prolly find someone else to hit on.

Back