Where do we get off?

There's another possibility, too, TB, one that I tried once but would not likely try again. For a peso, if I remember correctly, you may take the 86 into the town of Ezeiza itself (the international airport is located within the partido -- comparable to a large township or small county -- of Ezeiza but several miles from the town) and alight at the train station. The frequent train will take you to Constitución station in central Buenos Aires (for AR$1.50, I think), and within that station you can take the subway, arriving within a few blocks of your destination.

Picturesque and cheap, but time-consuming and, with much luggage, a great inconvenience.

Dudester said:
I LOVE people who waste other people's time by asking advice and then when PEOPLE THAT KNOW because they live in BsAs take the time to answer they still do it EXACTLY the way they originally planned. .

I hope it is now obvious that travellingbum was never asking whether or not he should take the bus - only where he should get off. I'm glad he finally got a real answer after several criticized his plan. Enjoy the 86, travellingbum! To each his own.

Thanks RWS, but we're going to stick to bus 86 taking us in to Yrigoyen/Peru and then walk the six blocks or so. The 'diferencial' sound like aa attractive alternative. Whatever bus departs first from AA terminal 2.
I'll try to persuade my wife not to bring to much stuff we'll end up cursing, having to curry the stuff around. The train station nearby from what, I read is a bit dodgy. We may have to walk a bit further but by taking colectivo 86 we don't need to change.

I'm not criticizing his plan allcraz, I thought the attitude was rather "know it all-ish" - well, it came across somewhat like that to me (and still does). I've been traveling heavily internationally since 1975 as a teenager, live part time in Paris, am seriously thinking about buying an apartment in BA, and have been to +/- 80 countries and there's one thing I do know for sure - I still have tons of sh*t to learn about traveling. A very complicated, ever changing subject. Whatever the case, enjoy the 86 travellingbum, should be fun.......

BTW, I wouldn't say "several criticized his plan", I just think they offered him a better option. The rule of thumb on transport from the airport to the city center (or vice-versa) is , if solo, a bus is ALWAYS cheaper, if there's 2 of you, since a taxi charges by the ride regardless of the number of passengers and since a bus charges by the person it starts getting closer to equal. If there's 3 passengers a taxi and a bus are usually more or less equal and if there's 4 passengers the taxi is always cheaper than adding up the price of 4 airport transport bus tickets. Just a FYI rule of thumb thing from a Dazed and Confused Dudester

You should be fine on the bus. Besides you will see more of the city that way and the people. Just keep things close to you.

by the way the remise or taxi stands at the airport have gone up to 90 pesos to recoleta area a year or so a go they were 60 just for you info comparison i am single so i dont know if that price would be the same for more than one to the same destination i dont think it should but i really dont know

Leanuk,

I'm in Recoleta (Vicente Lopez y Montevideo). Would you know where the closest stop for that faster #86 is around here, going to EZE?

Muchas gracias.

Back