Where Is Best Place To Get Pesos When You Arrive?

I suggested that a long time ago and the webteam no me dieron bolilla. Serafina also suggested a Wikipedia too, but nothing came of that either.

No need to change any money at the airport. When I came down earlier this year, I did not change any money until I was downtown....had the cab driver take me to a place downtown where I changed it at the blue rate and then paid him in pesos. I think he stopped on 9 de Julio and Lavalle and there was a place almost on the corner there to exchange at the blue rate.

No need to change any money at the airport. When I came down earlier this year, I did not change any money until I was downtown....had the cab driver take me to a place downtown where I changed it at the blue rate and then paid him in pesos. I think he stopped on 9 de Julio and Lavalle and there was a place almost on the corner there to exchange at the blue rate.

That can work but be careful the cab driver does not drive away with your luggage while you are changing dollars.

Secondly, it may not be wise to declare to the cab driver hailed on the street that you are carrying dollars and perhaps just arrived in BA.

best way would be to carry US$...pay for yr first ride in US$ . Come to the hotel, check in. put yr luggage. have a shower and go out to change dollars. assuming...you are arriving in daylight hours..

I just changed with a taxi driver at the airport for enough to get into the city. He gave me 12 which was worse than blue but better than in the airport.
Once into the city you are set and can change on Florida St. at the blue rate.
Many apartments have wall safes (mine does) and you can stash dollars and change them as you need them. Looking back I should have changed more at 15 but who knew?
I have stayed at hotels with a stash of cash and you either keep it on you or find extreeeeeeemely good hiding places.

Living in Ba for many years and using EZE regularly

I personally do not feel safe with cab drivers hailed on the road after a long flight having my laptop, phones, documents and perhaps us$ in the pocket.

I love experiments but do not like to do some experiments with my personal safety and be "penny wise..pound foolish"

I always use a prepaid remi service at the airport which are available just as soon as you come out of customs. Latest cost about 400 or 450 pesos for a ride anywhere in Capital.

I think Taxi Ezeiza charges around $380 pesos but maybe their prices have gone up.

I think Taxi Ezeiza charges around $380 pesos but maybe their prices have gone up.

I stopped using taxi ezeiza from ezeiza to home ( I still use them from home to ezeiza).

Reason I stopped as I found that sometimes after they give you receipt one ends up waiting for a taxi for a long time, and their drivers sometimes are really very very very rude and I do not wish to engage in a verbal dual in Spanish, just after a long flight. They behave as if you are a tourist and they own the city!

Their are some other remis too at the airport. more expensive but better cars, more polite drivers.

The few times I've walked down Florida street and asked the dollar peso rate it was always lower than I could get else where. Plus you follow a man to some mysterious place bot knowing if you'll get robbed adter leaving.

Thanks for the answers guys. I should say, I'm not really a newcomer but have lived in BsAs before for about a year. The reason I ask these things now is because things have changed. When I stayed there was no blue rate (that I knew of) so there wasn't this great need to bring cash. You could take money out from ATM's. I wanted to know if there was some way to get a better rate at the airport (such as wiring yourself money in advance) but apparently not, so I'll take the hit I guess. I also asked about where to keep cash because I think hotels and such are on to the fact that tourists come with cash now. So I don't like to be targeted in that way. I don't feel safe putting money or anything in a safe to be honest. That's the first place a (crooked) hotel staff would look.

Some related questions. Does anyone know decent money changing places in Palermo?

Another question is apartments I see on craigslist; a lot now advertise that you can pay in pesos, even more than a couple of years ago. Is this because they need renters, or is there something going on. Could you still get a better deal offering dollars? Why would an apt. owner tie himself to a multi-month contract in pesos?

Back