Where to beach vacation?

If you can afford to go to Brazil, do. Florianópolis is incredible. I went during the off season, but apparently the party scene is great during the high season. And Brazilians are just so joyful, especially if they are on vacation. It's contagious!

I have to disagree abut Floripa, it's by far the least special beach resort I've been to in Brazil. It's spread out so you need a car, the beaches themselves are not great and it has few good hotels. You can do much better.

The beaches in Argentina are not good. Carilo is the best but the water is the same: cold. Also windy. Huge crowds of people in January. A nightmare and quite expensive. Florianapolis is nice but I agree that it is spread out, you need a car. Also family oriented if that is what you want. Buzios is lovely. Very pretty beaches, warm water. I feel unsafe in Rio but I guess if you stick to the beach of a good hotel and take nothing of value to the beach you are OK. Punta is all about status and showing off. I hate the place. You see the same people from BA that you have seen all year in Recoleta, Barrio Norte and Zona Norte.

Brazil - hands down. Don't waste your time going to the Argie Atlantic coast even if you can't afford Brazil. It's not worth it regardless of the price. Punta del Este is not a big attraction either. I have been to four Brazilian beaches from Praia do Forte all the way down to Floripa and they were each different but all awesome.

Carilo is a beautiful place, I rent a house there every year in January, and you have Pinamar nightlife a few miles form Carilo.

I had spent many vacations in Brazil and this is the place I like much more for beaches. I love Brazilian beaches and beauty. There are many beaches in Brazil. Punta del Este is also nice place if you want to go there.

Theres a few small resort towns on the cost north of Pu ta well worth to check out.

Had great holidays in January in cabinas in Costa del este and Mar del Pampas.

Civilised nice people, great beach, lovely walks in the pine groves looking for nazi war loot landed at night by u-boats and all you possibly need to enjoy life with your Grandchildren.

As far as you could possibly get from Ibeza (although I love techno and house)

So in fact I guess you might well hate!

Pay with Ar$ and enjoy Mar del plata instead! Like Brighton on a bank holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mar-del-plata-playa.JPG

Do you drive or fly to the Brazilian Beaches? I've heard that it can take 20 hours or more to drive there but that driving is cheaper than flying.

Back