Where to beach vacation?

HeyBA

Registered
So, a buddy and I are planning a wicked beach vacation for January and are trying to settle on where.

We have thought of Brazil. The downside of this is that we would be tourists there. Here we are local, or at least can say we live here, and that really brings down some walls.

What do you guys think of Punta del Este or Mar del Plata? Give me the lowdown.

We are looking for a nice beach and the party scene.

I'd go to Brazil, much better beach resorts. My favorites are Buzios outside of Rio, the resorts surrounding Salvador and those near Recife.

These make anything in AR look sad. Expensive, but all of the each resorts in LAM are.

What are you looking for? Puta del este could be nice I suppose if you like that kind of place, I thought it was terrible.

Personally Monte Hermoso near bahia blanca was much more my vibe.

The biggest down side for me about argentina beaches is the water is cold.. really cold..

Florianapolis, Brazil. I spent 2 months there and loved it. I originally wanted to go to Punta del Esta, but comparing costs Floripa won out. There are over 120 beaches on the island, clubs, restaurants, bars, etc. The only issues is you might need a car.

Morro de Sao Paolo (near Salvador de Bahia). Just go to Salvador and then organise from there. You'll probably meet up with tonnes of Argentines (who often speak some portugese).

Brazil all the way, the beaches here suck in brazil they rock and so do the people there ;]

Back