Where to buy a slow-cooker?

there is an appliance repair and parts place down near Callao and Santa Fe, but I cant remember exactly where- its a couple doors down from a place that sells fancy tango shoes, maybe near El Cuartito.
Anyway, they have parts for hundreds of small countertop appliances, and they also sell most anything you can imagine, from blenders to coffee grinders, and if such a thing was available in Argentina, they would either have it or know where to get it.

Yesterday, I was in the Chinese barrio to go to one of the big supermarkets there (never remember the street : it's the one facing a school where you can also buy fish, etc.) : they have an impressive number of similar devices (like 15/20 different models) but I'm afraid most of them are rather rice cookers.

I brought one from the States, and I got a transformer for it on Parana in Congreso. A 300 watt transformer is plenty, and was cheap. The maximum draw on my cooker is 260 watts. I have made many tapa de asados (briskets) on it.

But now, much of the time, I use a regular pot with lid. I use one of those square black grates that all Argentines use to make toast (tostadora?) as a difuser. It lifts the pot about a centimeter. If I use it on the smallest burner, I can leave a pot for several hours un-attended. Works for me.

BTW, I looked for 230 volt slow cookers on Ebay and on the net in general. I didn't find any. Could be a US only product.

Also, I notice on mercado libre, they are finally selling counter top filtered water pitchers. It looks like they use Brita filters.

Hi
I know electrical skillet where you can make a steak or an asado they are great no smoke neither odours from cooking but you can`t cook a stew, or you can do grilled vegetables and the equivalent in spanish is "Parrilla Elèctrica" but don`t know if that is what you are looking or.
cheers
Reina

Back