Where to buy a slow-cooker?

CarverFan

Registered
Does anyone know where I can get one of these, I'm in barrio San Cristobal.
Or what is the name in castellano so I can look it up on mercadolibre?
Thnx!

No, that's different! That is a steam cooker or a rice cooker. A slow cooker is a totally different thing. I haven't been able to find one here in 2 years--let me know if you do.

Olla de coccion lenta o olla electrica... but doesn't look like they're easy to find. Just the steamers or rice cookers.

Making space in your bag next time you visit home seems to be the best way to get one. :p

I brought my jumbo CrockPot from the States. It was about US$25-US$30 and it's great for tough, fatty beef/pork like ribs and brisket stuff. Or the "Roast Beef" that has started popping up in DISCO.

the closest thing is a big electric skillet..... where you set the temp control... crock pots do not exist here.... but you can sometime find big electric skillets with temp control settings at falabella.... good luck

If you bring a slow cooker in from the States, do you need to use a transformer? Thanks

slater said:
If you bring a slow cooker in from the States, do you need to use a transformer? Thanks

I always use a transformer with appliances that have motors (coffee grinder & blender) and resistors (Crock Pot & Water Kettle).

It's a necessity with the motors and a good idea with the resistors.

That's so funny that today I was just looking for a crock pot! I'm going to visit my family for about 2 months and so it appears that I'll be bringing one down!

Back