Where To Find Activated Charcoal / Carbon

No, at least the filters that mine uses are not expensive. Probably varies by model too. Have had mine for three years and works well.

Haha, I was just trying to remember..I bought a package of 8 recently and I think remember calculating about $5(US) each. But I get them from a salesman who delivers them (some old man I know) and I think I'm paying him more than what you'd pay if you ordered them.(I'm a kind heart for the retired trying to make ends meet type...) Each lasts a month or so depending how much you use them. I've also thought about trying to rinse them out. I suspect you could do this too but I personally haven't needed to. Yet....

Anyone know where to buy a Pitcher type filter? I saw one in a shop window in Rosario but haven't seen any here...

I'm looking for activated charcoal / carbon to refill my Brita water filters. At U$9 each they get really expensive. I found a way to simply replace the carbon inside. Much cheaper.

If anyone knows of good household uses for "used" activated carbon please let me know. We are always looking for ways to save money and be more environmentally friendly.

GS

Www.vanrossum.com.ar
They sell by kilo.

Good idea about pet stores. Thank you. I brought the Brita with me from the US.

I've used the same Brita pitcher for 20 years. My last Brita filter was in use more than two months. I've had to depend on friends bringing filters from the USA, but this week I checked Mercado Libre and discovered there is a company making filters that fit the Brita pitcher.

I found HUMMA filters (made in China) for 105AP and Brita filters for 165AP on Mercado Libre which requires shipping. With the name of one shop, I easily found their address to shop directly. I went today to Centro Pet at Cordoba 1475 and bought two Humma filters at 99AP each. The filter fits the Brita pitcher perfectly.

The Brita pitcher is ten times less costly than buying bottled water. Each filter cleans more than 160 litros of tap water.

Reactions: Joe
Back