Where to find French/style baguette

Try Chez Paul on Ayacucho b/n Alvear & Posadas. It's a small shop around the corner from the Alvear Palace & the baguettes have a nice crunchy exterior.

Thank you to all of you, as I am French, eating a bread which tastes as in France is as important as an excellent asado for Argentineans. Even at an high end excellent restaurants if the bread is not OK, I can make a scandal:D
I went to these places run by the French chefs, I was just curious to ask you if s . o had come across worthy panaderias

Another very good one

La italiana ( Italian style bakery - they have cannoli )
Independencia 1912
Tel 4942-9992

cricri58 said:
Thank you to all of you, as I am French, eating a bread which tastes as in France is as important as an excellent asado for Argentineans. Even at an high end excellent restaurants if the bread is not OK, I can make a scandal:D
I went to these places run by the French chefs, I was just curious to ask you if s . o had come across worthy panaderias

Belive me we too love our bread on the table, bread must always be present and it's almost a sacrilege not to have the stuff on the table for lunch or dinner and of course is not complete if is not accompanied with a good bottle of wine. Voila! Bon Appétit!

Lucas said:
Believe me we too love our bread on the table, bread must always be present and it's almost a sacrilege not to have the stuff on the table for lunch or dinner...
But the CARBS!!! What about the CARBS?!?!?!?!

:eek:

Napoleon said:
But the CARBS!!! What about the CARBS?!?!?!?!

:eek:

F..K the CARBS besides they are delicious, run a couple of rounds around the block if you feel guilty and you will be fine.....or fat... who cares, be happy no crappy. :D

cricri58 said:
Lucas, the topic of the discussion is the FLAVOUR ......:)

Maybe the water here is different maybe the flour is different maybe too much sugar or salt, maybe the people taste is different....definitively the people taste here is different and that is were the difference exist, taste is and individual and cultural thing and your tastes are not or expected to be the same here than the ones baked in France...take my word I know it very well by experience.....the solution is to get used to it.

If you don't belive me ask any Chinese what taste sensation they have when they come here at the beginning, they will tell you that the food tasted to nothing no "paladar" for it, but now that the time pass they feel it all changed, they will eat "asado" as anyone...plus the religious plate of rice as well.

"/tastes are not or expected to be the same here than the ones baked in France...take my word I know it very well by experience"

I did not know that tastes were baked.
That you say about Chinese is absolutely NONSENSE.

Como se suicida un p.....
Subiendo hacia lo mas alto de su ego

He dicho.

Maybe you are right and I am wrong what about that? make you happy?

One thing is for sure HERE THE BREAD IS NOT HORRIBLE maybe it is for you...but then it is your opinion

Good luck in your quest to find a baguette with that elusive french flavor.

Au Revoir ami

Back