Where to find Turkeys

Meta998

Registered
Anyone had any luck finding a turkey for Thanksgiving? I've found lots of chickens but no luck on Turkeys.

What about yams? I bought these things I thought were yam, so I cooked them and when i opened them up there were kinda a potato color inside with a purple center.

If you go into just about any carneceria tomorrow and ask them to order you a pavo for Thursday it shouldn't be a problem, though they might ask you to prepay.

They don't generally go larger than 5 kilos/11 pounds but as I mentioned in a previous post, people won't eat as much here as they would in the cold U.S. so you don't need as large a turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

try in Jumbo, they usually had, but freezed, at least in the one in Unicenter, try to find out bebore going, they also have a service to buy though a web page, and take that to your place

Can we come even if we are not sure what thanksgiving is? We like turkeys, even small ones. We could buy a nice watermellon and possibly fill it with vodka as a suitably patriotic contribution????

Macro always has turkeys, Wal Mart and Jumbo sometimes have them. Yams I have seen in Jumbo in the can, but the batata here is very close to the sweet potato, but it is white. Hope that helps

Mike

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TomAtAlki Expat Life 13
C Expat Life 11
nikad Expat Life 45
Back