Where to get SUBE card

sergio

Registered
I've gone to several Correo Argentino offices, each one supposedly sells the SUBE card, but have been told that they do not sell them due to "system" problems. WHERE in Recoleta/Retiro/Centro can I get this card? Any ideas? Thanks.

sergio said:
I've gone to several Correo Argentino offices, each one supposedly sells the SUBE card, but have been told that they do not sell them due to "system" problems. WHERE in Recoleta/Retiro/Centro can I get this card? Any ideas? Thanks.
I scored one yesterday for 15p at the Correo office at Laprida 2128. In and out in no time. Luck !

the same thing happened to me when i went on my trek to get the sube card! one office said "sube no" another said "acá no" and still another said "hoy no." i finally had luck at the correo argentino at santa fe on the 3800 block in front of the jardín botánico. but fyi, when i went on a monday they said that they don't sell cards on mondays, but i don't know how reliable that is. it cost 10$ i believe.

I have attempted to get a SUBE card at several post offices three different times. The first time the system was down, the second time I was told they ran out of cards and to come come back first thing in the morning as they run out early, the third I was told I needed to bring in my passport no copies to attain a SUBE card. So what's the story on these cards? Why is it so difficult to get? Why do I have to provide a passport to get one? Trying to find "monedas" all the time is a challenge in itself. :(

Got mine yesterday. You do need a passport. And maybe a few words of Spanish. The location is an OCA office (the sign is hard to miss) nearly opposite the Galerías Pacífico entrance on Viamonte. The address is approximately 530. Look for the sign.

You need a few words of Spanish so that you can tell them what you want - una tarjeta SUBE. If you're not sure of the pronunciation I suggest writing it down. The first thing that the clerk asked for was my passport. Then he explained that the card was 15 pesos and asked if I wanted any credit. My Spanish is really rough but I explained that I wanted 10 pesos of credit and gave him 25 pesos.

Total process took about 5 minutes including waiting for my turn to see the clerk.

Bob

am I the only one paranoid about the fact that your DNI (or passport) number is connected to every single bus/subway ride you take? it seems like a lot of information....

A man was recently apprehended and found guilty of a crime following his SUBE tracks, Big Brother knows better!! Can your wife request your SUBE records :D

Back