Where to get SUBE card

If the Correo Argentina is having problems with the "sistema" you might have to keep checking back every day or go to another Correo Argentino until you find one that has SUBE cards. I have three. I got one with my U.S passport, one with a European passpor, and one with a DNI. The never noticed. Anyway, if you can get at least two SUBE cards I would. I lost one and instead of waiting in line for an hour to get another SUBE card and spending another hour on the phone to report it lost I whipped out my back up SUBE card.

If you lose yr sube card, won't it be connected to yr passport or dni and someone else will be using it to go places! A food for thought?

I lost it then I found it and never bothered to cancel it. So I have two connected to my DNI and one connected to my European passort and have never had a problem.

We have a couple of friends visiting us from NYC. I tried to get them sube cards. We went to a kiosco on Charcas near Borges and in 5 seconds bought two sube cards (20 pesos each). No documents whatsoever required. Then we went right next door to a pagofacil and put some credit on them. They have been using them ever since. When they leave they will leave them with us and we will have a couple of spare ones.

I repeat, the whole thing took less than a minute and required no documents whatsoever. Forget correo argentino.

I got my Sube at a "locutorio".
Here is the list of locations: http://www.sube.gob.ar/centros-de-obtencion-sube/

ok, I understand it is difficult to get it.
but please tell us, what is this card for?

ok, I understand it is difficult to get it.
but please tell us, what is this card for?

You can use it to ride all Subtes, Colectivos, and most Trens....basically all public transportation. Instead of paying $3 pesos when you get on the bus, you only pay about $1.75pesos

I got mine in Caballito at a Kiosko on Bogota...paid $15 pesos and then went online and registered my card. After that I put some dinero on it. Very simple and there were no long lines or problems.

Back