Where To Shop In Santiago De Chile??

lucha54

Registered
Hey folks,
Off for the weekend to the land of free trade and wondering if you can advise me on the best places in the city for the following items / categories of items:

Kitchen supplies (looking in particular for a lemon exprimidor that looks like an ice cream scooper but you stick in half a lemon and squeeze it down like a garlic mincer)

Home furnishings (duvet cover!)

Food/ groceries (bulk items like coffee, spices, nuts; also toiletries- anything reminiscent of Target?)

Clothes ... a friend recommended Patronato and I'm definitely making my way to the H&M but any other tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

~Lucha

What's the import tariff in Chile?

Hey folks,
Off for the weekend to the land of free trade and wondering if you can advise me on the best places in the city for the following items / categories of items:

Kitchen supplies (looking in particular for a lemon exprimidor that looks like an ice cream scooper but you stick in half a lemon and squeeze it down like a garlic mincer)

Home furnishings (duvet cover!)

Food/ groceries (bulk items like coffee, spices, nuts; also toiletries- anything reminiscent of Target?)

Clothes ... a friend recommended Patronato and I'm definitely making my way to the H&M but any other tips would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

~Lucha

Patronato is Santiago's Koreatown, so you'll find lots of generic clothing at low prices. For household goods, there's http://www.sodimac.cl/sodimac-cl/

Complex question , depends on product , country of origin, trade agreements, etc.
Well give us some examples, like iPad Aire from the USA, Maple Syrup from Canada, Corn Tortillas from Mexico, Panko from Japan and Kale from Argentina.

Well give us some examples, like iPad Aire from the USA, Maple Syrup from Canada, Corn Tortillas from Mexico, Panko from Japan and Kale from Argentina.

jajajajaj need to contact the experts ... You mean for carry-on products !! food products are not allowed , except Maple Syrup..!! For Ipad Aire assume 1 %.

Remember that it is forbidden to import food, meat, vegetables, milk, nuts, etc. plus a number of other articles into Argentina - ask Argentine Aduana before you leave for Chile.

Clothes: Try Johnsons, where one sometimes find 2 for 1 offers.

Lucha54, For home decor and some kitchen items try Casas e Ideas. Its a local chain so there are several -- there's one on Providencia close to Los Leones metro station and another in the Parque Arauco shopping center. There are probably others as well, just look them up online for other locations. For toiletries there's Jumbo which will have more stuff than the Jumbo's here. Also Tottus which is owned by Falabella or Lider, yet another hypermarket. Have a great trip!

I bought a Bose Soundlink in Santiago a few weeks ago and the price was comparable to Europe, a bit more expensive than US and wayyyyyy cheaper than here ;)

Back