Where to stay in Miami? Miami Beach, Brickell, downtown or???

The Ball Harbour Mall is the area where to stay, The Seaview hotel at Collins Avenue,Bal Harbour, under US$200 is accross the avenue from the Mall. Best restos Makoto and Carpaccio at the Mall. Not cheap but worth seeing.!

Rich One's suggestion is a good one and is more/less equivalent to my earlier Surfside suggestion (which is just a couple blocks from his recommended hotel).

At the end of the day, it depends on your tastes.

I'm not driving any more. Has anybody been around Miami lately without having to drive? I did that a long time ago, just staying in South Beach and that was about it.

I just ended up choosing Brickell because I had enough to award points to stay at an IHG hotel free for the week.

I'm not driving any more. Has anybody been around Miami lately without having to drive? I did that a long time ago, just staying in South Beach and that was about it.

Not having a car in Miami sucks. Florida itself has horrible public transport and Miami is only a little better. Uber prices are insanely high as well. But if you're just there for a few days as a tourist you'll likely just eat the costs.

I do extended stays in Miami every year (even last year) and I've only ever rented a car in Miami so that I could drive to the Keys. Otherwise, whenever I'm in Miami I'm sans voiture, and it's no problem at all. Use the free/cheap public transportation or uber/lyft and Bob's your uncle.

Rich One's suggestion is a good one and is more/less equivalent to my earlier Surfside suggestion (which is just a couple blocks from his recommended hotel).

At the end of the day, it depends on your tastes.

Guess allso depends on your age group and income level. For for the young and single crowd maybe Lincon Road and Brickell will be the natural choice for single hangouts..!

I told you, man, Miami Beach. Only place to be.

In the meantime, if you want a taste of home, roll up Biscayne to Fiorito, very good place to chill and swap stories, particularly since Copa America is on right now.

I told you, man, Miami Beach. Only place to be.

In the meantime, if you want a taste of home, roll up Biscayne to Fiorito, very good place to chill and swap stories, particularly since Copa America is on right now.
Yes you were absolutely right. I totally regret being in Brickell. Other than the weather and all the Spanish spoken, it feels like I am in any typical downtown area of any major city in the US. Starbucks, a shopping mall, and high rises.

Back