Where to take a PCR test in Bs.As. for international travel

I am looking at centro rossi to do a PCR for my flight and it gives the option of a PCR Saliva test. Is this ok for a flight or do I have to get the qtip rammed up my nose??

I am looking at centro rossi to do a PCR for my flight and it gives the option of a PCR Saliva test. Is this ok for a flight or do I have to get the qtip rammed up my nose??
You can do the saliva test. However, by experience I found Rossi very gentle with nose unlike Centralab. Further, Rossi has stopped doing the throat test ( apart from nose) unlike Centralab.

Once I went with saliva test at EZE and they delayed me 1 hour ( and I barely caught my Flight) ; as they called up my destination airport to confirm, ( as they initially "claimed", this test is not recognized.)

Last edited:
You can do the saliva test. However, by experience I found Rossi very gentle with nose unlike Centralab. Further, Rossi has stopped doing the throat test ( apart from nose) unlike Centralab.

Once I went with saliva test at EZE and they delayed me 1 hour ( and I barely caught my Flight) ; as they called up my destination airport to confirm, ( as they initially said this test is not recognized.)

thanks for the info. I will just do the hisopado then to not take any risks. I did take a test a month ago in the piruano and they were anything but gentle and it kinda put me off. (After a 5 hour queue....

thanks for the info. I will just do the hisopado then to not take any risks. I did take a test a month ago in the piruano and they were anything but gentle and it kinda put me off. (After a 5 hour queue....
Rossi is pretty good..done about 25 PCR tests with them.

Travelling to Europe is now easier if you can provide proof of vaccination or proof of immunity (you don't need to do quarantine when arriving).

My time line is roughly the following:
May 10: starting to feel slightly unwell (flu symptoms). Also my wife feels a bit a cold. Symptoms were so mild that we didn't think it could Covid (which was a mistake ... )
May 20: we both do a PCR test for the flight which is planned on May 22. My PCR comes back positive, the PCR of my wife negative. Obviously we cancel the flight and I do the self isolation here without having symptoms or problems
May 30: we both do another PCR test plus my wife does an antibody test. Result: both PCR are negative now, antibody test of my wife is positive

I now contacted immigration office in Europe: the positive PCR test is not exactly proof of immunity, less so the positive antibody test.
Question: is there somewhere we could go to in order to get a proof of immunity (I guess in spanish that would be kind of alta epidemiológico)?

I now contacted immigration office in Europe: the positive PCR test is not exactly proof of immunity, less so the positive antibody test.
Positive PCR is quite the opposite thing. It means you have an active virus in your system and it is probably reproducing. So, you are definitely not immune. Positive antibody test (without positive PCR) means that either you had a virus and recovered or you had been vaccinated and your organism developed antibodies.
Question: is there somewhere we could go to in order to get a proof of immunity (I guess in spanish that would be kind of alta epidemiológico)?
I may be mistaken but it seems that "alta epidemiológico" is a transition to a state when you are considered to be safe to interact with other people. Like when you had been sick, but then recovered and 14 days later you can go back to work. So, what happens after these 14 days is "alta epidemiológico". It does not necessarily involve any medical procedure.

I guess what is considered to be "safe" depends on local regulations mainly.

Last edited:
Positive PCR is quite the opposite thing. It means you have an active virus in your system and it is probably reproducing. So, you are definitely not immune. Positive antibody test means that either you had a virus and recovered or you had been vaccinated and your organism developed antibodies.
The positive test proves that I HAD Covid (on May 20 at least). Here in Argentina I understand that 10 days after showing symptoms (or doing a positive test) and with mild symptoms you receive the OK (i.e. el alta médico). Meanwhile my PCR is negative and I am fine (also from a medical point of view, looking at the 10 days rule). My question evolves around where I could get a paper from doctor which exactly states that I am now "safe to interact with other people".

I now also checked the definition of Germany what is proof of immunity: proof that you had Covid (i.e. a positive PCR test) that is not older than 6 months but older than 28 days (source). Other countries do not have exact definitions, at least I haven't found any others.

But I guess you are right that medical OK to leave the quarantine (i.e. ok to interact with other people) is not the same as proof of immunity, at least when looking at the example of Germany:
Day 0: positive PCR test (proven Covid infection)
Day 14: (or day 10 in Argentina) you can leave self isolation when having only mild or even no symptoms (alta epidemiologica / OK again to interact with other people)
Day 28: you have proof of immunity (at least in the sense that you are excluded from doing a quarantine on arrival)
Day 180: you lose proof of immunity

Currently I am - at least according to the German definitions - between medical OK, but do not have proof of immunity yet.

Back