Which passport to use when entering?

Thanks! If using my Argentina passport to enter - are there any additional requirements in regards to covid testing?
I forgot to mention...at this point in time you still need a covid covered medical insurance policy...check with your airline!

Do you know anyone who was actually deprived of his citizenship for flashing a wrong passport at the airport?
I seriously doubt it has ever happened.
I know this seems a bit far fetched but I know a few South African friends who tried to enter South Africa on UK/various EU passports. They were told that they had to choose which citizenship they wanted and that it was an offence for a citizen enter the country on a foreign passport. They promptly chose their UK/EU passports to avoid fines and that's how they lost their home citizenship. Its crazy but I believe it does happen.

As of two months ago: legal for an Argentine-born naturalized US citizen to enter Arg. with a US passport. 180 day tourist visa issued.

In this case, it is foolish to answer this as things change rapidly...and more foolish for to you follow someone's advice here. Go to the airline website of the airline you are flying. It is their responsibility to follow the current rules to allow you to board or not. Another source is the embassy website of Argentina!
the link I posted is the direct source.

I forgot to mention...at this point in time you still need a covid covered medical insurance policy...check with your airline!
not as an argentine resident or citizen. only non residents still need the insurance

As of two months ago: legal for an Argentine-born naturalized US citizen to enter Arg. with a US passport. 180 day tourist visa issued.
What makes you think this is legal? They just didn't figure out who is who. If you cross the border at some unguarded place and no one notices, is that also considered legal?

We did Argentine passport for immigration but showed the USA one when going through customs.

Dual Nationality Agreement with Argentina. Argentine citizens who have been naturalized and obtain travel documents from Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, United States (until 10/20/1981), Honduras, Italy, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Sweden.

Argentines who have been naturalized in countries with which the Argentine Republic has NOT signed a Dual Nationality Agreement.
Exit: Argentines naturalized in the aforementioned countries, in order to leave the country must present a valid Argentine travel document.
Re-entry:
At the time of re-entry to the Argentine Republic must present a valid Argentine travel document.

In the case of presenting only the passport of the acquired nationality, valid and in force, in which their ARGENTINE status is stated, the passport may be stamped with the seal of ENTRY with the legend "ARGENTINO" handwritten under the seal, without specifying any term. In the event that the foreign documentation does not state the Argentinean status, and the entrant invokes it, he/she must prove it by presenting an Argentinean identity document (DNI, Libreta Civica or Cedula de Identidad issued by the Argentine Federal Police).

This will not entitle the intervened document for subsequent exit from the country, and for such purpose, a valid Argentine travel document must be presented. The officer in charge of the entry must notify the holder of the document of this situation at the time of entry.

Back