whipped cream?:)

Ola

Registered
I found some hard to find products like peanut butter, bacon, A1 (I know steak lovers disapprove:) ) but what about whipped cream in a bottle/can? where can I get it, or do I have to do it old fashioned way..:(

Where did you get peanut butter and the other things? Please share the location haha!

I think you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way. And it's so much better that way too! :)

Where did you find the bacon? Are you sure it's not pancetta?

You can get those things at jumbo. I was just their the other day and found that " Campo Austral " an Argentinian deli meat company has just started selling smoked " Breakfast Bacon ".

As far as whipped cream, you can find the spray bottle stuff at most dairy sections in most stores. It's called "Crema Chantilly". It might not taste exactly like your USA brand but it does the trick.

How about breakfast sausages....? is it available at Jumbo?
Tks

Argentinian's don't eath sausages for breakfast.....yet. So no luck there. There are chorizos and salchichas but nothing that tastes anything like real breakfast sausages.

Rich One said:
How about breakfast sausages....? is it available at Jumbo?
Tks

I've taken to buying chorizos Cabana Argentino (reasonably good, consistent quality), cutting them in half across the diameter, taking the skin off and compressing them into a patty. Before I do the patty, I sprinkle a little black pepper and garlic powder and knead the meat to mix the spices around.

Makes a half-way decent breakfast sausage patty.

Salchichas are pretty good for breakfast links though (even though I think they are made exactly the same as chorizos, but are smaller), although if you eat them as links you can't add seasoning very easily, which is why I prefer to make patties out of chorizos instead.

Back