Who else is watching Lanata?

Last night's show sticks in my mind for a number of highlights.
First the spot on female impersonator of CFK. She absolutely nailed it!
CFK's graphical instructions on how to milk a cow were only bettered by her chicken dance. Priceless!
The paralysis of Timmerman when being questioned by Lanata spoke volumes.
The sinister presence of Moreno, lurking and probably on this occasion staying well away from Lanata.

Great show last night....Lanata at his best. Among other things, he pointed out that the ARG exhibition was held at a backwater site 1.5hrs away from Luanda. In my opinion, ARG trade show = dog and pony show.

Gringoboy said:
Last night's show sticks in my mind for a number of highlights.
First the spot on female impersonator of CFK. She absolutely nailed it!
CFK's graphical instructions on how to milk a cow were only bettered by her chicken dance. Priceless!
The paralysis of Timmerman when being questioned by Lanata spoke volumes.
The sinister presence of Moreno, lurking and probably on this occasion staying well away from Lanata.

My thoughts exactly !

My (argentine) spouse and I sat down in the sofa glass in hand, and enjoyed every minute of it. I remember commenting "oh my, the must be really hated buy all the hardline Ks!",

Also wanted to mention Lanata actually wrote a very good book about Argentine history, a while back, called "Argentinos". According to my spouse, who's in the field, it's very good.

Don't take my word for it I guess but worth a try I'm sure.

gracielle said:
Great show last night....Lanata at his best. Among other things, he pointed out that the ARG exhibition was held at a backwater site 1.5hrs away from Luanda. In my opinion, ARG trade show = dog and pony show.

Yes, a total dog and pony show. The people who went there were there to get free food, the same as Argentine trade shows here in Buenos Aires. Have you ever been to any trade shows here? They are filled with retired people who go from stand to stand getting all the free food they can find. It's crazy. At the stand for Banco Nación people from Angola came to ask for loans, LOL. What a joke the whole thing was.

I'll second the CFK impersonator remarks. Hillarious! Thanks El Expatriado!

Heads up! He's on again on Channel 13 (seems to be on 12 for some reason on telecentro) in 5 mins.

in theory.... there seems to be an award ceremony on at the moment.

edit: looks like it might not be on tonight

I listen to Lanata almost every day on Radio Mitre. Despite all the annoying commercials, I find his radio show (the first episode of which effectively broke the Boudou story) more compelling than his new television show. The latter seems a bit canned to me. On the radio he's more spontaneous. But I'm still a fan. He is, in my opinion, exactly the kind of journalist this country needs. Come to think of it, my country (the good old EEUU) could use more people like him in prime time. FYI, he also co-founded the Pagina/12.

Back