Who has left or is planning to leave?

Sharp confident clear decisive. BKK. No humming or Puffing.
How about BKK residency? Difficult? Doable? I am terrified going through this process once again. (Abuse of elderly).
very hard. In one way, it fascinates me how they guard their territory unlike Argentina, where they are distributing citizenships to anyone and everyone. I wonder if Patricia Bulrich has a plan to put an end for that so that Argentina passport can remain powerful for ever.

-----

Thailand has options if you are 50 plus ( which you are) and can lock 800,000 bahts in the bank for the long term. Plus you have to hire an agent to ease the process. expect to spend some money there too and u r set.

It never leads to permanent residency or citizenship. Its just a long term visa.

Last edited:
The Philippines is perhaps the only country on the planet that left its generous residency program alone allowing foreigners to reside permanently there by spending only 20 K usd! it's mindblowing. That's where Thailand loses. Its so hard to become a resident of Thailand and they made their elite visa program, 5 times more expensive.

Filipinos are lovely ppl. English is great. However, I prefer Thai ppl, Thai food and Thai women over Filipinas any day!

Chicken cashew nuts is served! ;)

4477.jpg

-----

Thailand has options if you are 50 plus ( which you are) and can lock 800,000 bahts in the bank for the long term. Plus you have to hire an agent to ease the process. expect to spend some money there too and u r set.

It never leads to permanent residency or citizenship. Its just a long term visa.
800000 Bahts = 22000 $US. @Ceviche Please elaborate on residency process. Lock in a bank account? Or what? Long term= 10 years or more?

KL is pretty nice but I never felt at home in Asia. My own limitation for sure.

Terrible heat and humidity.
So is Dubai. But like Dubai, in BKK and KL, almost everything is centrally air-conditioned from taxis to hotels to restaurants to ubers to office buildings.

Here in BA in Feb in middle of mosquitos and severe heat wave, one had to beg taxis and ubers to start the AC

Back