Who has redone their kitchen and has product recommendations?

allcraz

Registered
We're basically replacing cabinets, countertop, and sink. Has anyone renovated and LOVED the products they ended up choosing keeping in mind a good quality/price ratio? We've looked on MercadoLibre and are about to check out Blaisten just to get some ideas. Thanks!

I resorted to fabricaing my own kitchen countertop and cabinet.
After searching high and low I found a barely acceptable kitchen sink ( Starken). However i had to purchase the sink trap in the states becasue they didnt sell the trap that fits the sink , nor did i ever find a decent sink trap ..
The things that were offered for sale as a kitchen counter were pathetic at best.

we got the double stainless steel sink, backsplash tiles and all the hardware at blaisten and had the kitchen cabinets custom built. it all looks fabulous. since i don't like granite or corian, we had the countertops made from some fine cement composite (not quite sure what is is), looks very cool. same color as the floor.

We used Reno for the kitchen cabinets and they subcontracted out the granite countertops to Forte dei Marmi who we subsequently used for the laundry room and bar. Pleased with everything.

I like Franke sinks. I am very happy with mine.
Showroom is down on 9 de Julio y Santa fe.
http://www.franke.com/countries/ar/es/home.html

I would recommend FV for grifferia, as its a good balance between quality and price. You can certainly spend a lot more, and you can even buy 100% plastic grifferia for a few pesos at Easy, but the FV stuff, especially its midrange to higher quality products, are pretty well made, and replacement parts are easy to get everywhere and likely to be in stock years from now.
http://www.fvsa.com/
Everybody carries it, from the most expensive shop to the corner plumbing supply.

Blaisten is good to see the range of whats available- and they have good stock-
but you should also go across the street to Barugel Azulay which is more high end- Blaisten is where the contractors shop for the cheap stuff, Barugel is where the decorators shop for the fancy stuff. If you have been dreaming all your life about a $3000 Phillipe Starcke bathtub- well, there you go.

There is an entire granite countertop and tile neighborhood over in Nunez, a block south of Libertador , near the Barugel store there.
Walk around and see a bunch of stores with a very wide range of stone and tile selections.

Stone is quite cheap in Argentina- its a good value. A lot of the stone is South American, although they certainly stock Indian and other imported stuff as well.
If you are interested, near the Pulgas on Cordoba, there are several stores with lots of new old stock in ceramic tile, lots of 50's and 60's patterns, including things like built in ceramic soap dishes and towel holders.

Back