Who is Silvina Batakis, the newly appointed National Minister of Economy?

Here's an amusing thought for you - what if Milei and Cristina are secretly working together, and laughing their asses off at the whole circus??
I mean, they are in the sense that their whole performance is a grift to get as rich and powerful as possible, plebs be damned. It also helps to have an enemy to identify people's hatred against.
As dollars are so scarce it will be interesting to see if AF signs the deal to buy a new jet for himself worth $22m, paid in dollars and paid to a vendor abroad, because simply chartering an Aerolineas plane as he has been doing to date is not prestigious enough (despite paying Argentina US$700m+ per year in subsidies to cover its inflated and unsustainable operating costs)

Meanwhile Mario Ishii has been enjoying some pool time in Miami, of course also paid in dollars.

Perhaps this is what Batakis means by putting dollars to productive purposes….
Dollars for me, not for thee. I remember in 2014 I think there was a deal in which AeroCampora's packaged holidays division was bulk rate buying rooms from Cristina's Hotesur properties in Patagonia and paying in USD, you know, very nac y pop. Macri's admin was guilty of this too, and Menem before Nestor, and the Junta before him, there's nothing new under the sun here with politicians telling Argentines to be paid in/use pesos/patacóns/australes/etc. while they save in dollars themselves.

The "bi-monetary problem" Cristina speaks of is that too many Argies are trying to do what politicians do, save in/use dollars.

There is no way he goes through with that plane. That's like political suicide. Unless he already knows he's leaving and might as well on his way out.

He's more likely to need a helicopter, the way things are going.

This doesn't make sense. They don't need dollars to pay the social plans; those are paid in pesos. They need dollars to pay off the IMF, and that's a debt contracted by Macri. Your ideology is blinding you to logic.
i know it's not directly related. the social plans and overspending are making the peso more worthless every day, and to counteract that they keep intervening and using up the dollars they have left. and therefore they can't have lowly citizens spending those dollars they need to stop the bleeding. it's all interconnected now.

i know it's not directly related. the social plans and overspending are making the peso more worthless every day, and to counteract that they keep intervening and using up the dollars they have left. and therefore they can't have lowly citizens spending those dollars they need to stop the bleeding. it's all interconnected now.
Well, OK, that's a legit point

There is no way he goes through with that plane. That's like political suicide. Unless he already knows he's leaving and might as well on his way out.
Well right at this minute Tango 11 (the existing presidential 737) is winging its way from Aeroparque to El Calafate with CFK on board. The mission costs at least USD 44.000 one way - in dollars. Right behind it is a commercial Aerolineas Argentinas flight with 8 business class seats available.

The plane and the prestige that comes with it is not for Alberto. Remember CFK used to get her newspapers flown down to her in Calafate each day using the presidential jet as well as using it to carry furniture destined for her private house - all at the taxpayers expense and all during a period where dollars were scarce and the rest of the population was asked to make sacrifices to save dollars.
So it's really not suicide in this country for the kasta to live up large while many of their voters suffer from poverty.

Silvina Batakis, Her son is in -London on a Student exchange with the Ort H.S. in BA.
Her favorite and considered The best ever Ministro de Economia in Argentina : Jose Ber Gelbard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Ber_Gelbard

She critizes trips overseas while her son is in _London?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Women's Forum 1
Back