Who is Stayin Alive?

Pensador, if those ten years were mostly good ones, please consider leaving the door open just a bit.

I disagree. I believe the relationship has lived its life. Time to move on and find someone else who is in agreement with your belief systems.

I do respect your right to choose Pensador.

I do not agree with you, but I do admire your resolve and for taking a position in a hotly contested topic.

I in no way agree with these lockdowns they are stupid and destructive as well. Put the elderly in quarantine everyone in the country gets a free physical. Anyone with an unlying condition goes to quarantine as well. We take the utmost care of the elderly and sickly. The rest of us go on with life and work until this is over. Since it is not being handled this way then it is my personal responsibility to take care not to be a spreader. Not to get sick myself and put more burden on the people working in health care. Not getting infected is not rocket science it just takes a little extra time and work in your lifestyle to practice that which is best for everyone.

I disagree. I believe the relationship has lived its life. Time to move on and find someone else who is in agreement with your belief systemem.s.
I understand Pensador is a well-off American with a beach house in Uruguay, married to a woman from a poor area in Corrientes.

That's a very unequal relationship. In cases like that, I doubt many men are looking for someone to share their beliefs. More likely, they want someone with a lower socioeconomic status, someone who will be docile and grateful for the "things" they get.

In the same vein, there are American men who don't want assertive American wives. Instead, they get mail-order brides from the Philippines or other such impoverished, backward countries where women have traditionally had submissive roles.

Sometimes, the kitten they ordered turns out to be a lioness, but that's the luck of the draw.

Sometimes, the kitten they ordered turns out to be a lioness, but that's the luck of the draw.
In the same venue as when Spaniards, primarily from Galicia, migrated to ARG in the 19th century. Most came searching for small business opportunities and/or the chance to own land. Once established, many send away for mail-order brides from the same geographic area. Young women from their own culture and social status to start a family whose descendants physically resembled them, down to the color of their eyes and skin.

Last edited:
I understand Pensador is a well-off American with a beach house in Uruguay, married to a woman from a poor area in Corrientes.

That's a very unequal relationship. In cases like that, I doubt many men are looking for someone to share their beliefs. More likely, they want someone with a lower socioeconomic status, someone who will be docile and grateful for the "things" they get.

In the same vein, there are American men who don't want assertive American wives. Instead, they get mail-order brides from the Philippines or other such impoverished, backward countries where women have traditionally had submissive roles.

Truth is I loved her personality the moment I met her. Down to earth no makeup just who she was very relaxed and calm all the time. She had nothing to prove and we almost never fought until I went into war mode on this virus. Her beauty was her heart but her head could not take this.

Well off LOL how about I bust my ass working I am a work machine, my friend. I have patents always inventing things and innovating. That is not well off that is the price of a different life. No excuses here a person makes their own way. I have lost everything 2 times so what get the hell up and keep going no matter what.

Well off LOL how about I bust my ass working I am a work machine, my friend.
If you have a beach house in Uruguay you are well-off, by local standards.
My hat's off to you for having earned every penny to buy it.

If you have a beach house in Uruguay you are well-off by local standards.
My hat's off to you for having earned every penny to buy it.
YES! They don't give those away to whoever asks for one! I am sure you have worked hard for what you have Pensador. That is the way it should be.

r, post: 387350, member: 37638"]

Truth is I loved her personality the moment I met her. Down to earth no makeup just who she was very relaxed and calm all the time. She had nothing to prove and we almost never fought until I went into war mode on this virus. Her beauty was her heart but her head could not take this.
[/QUOTE]

Pensador;

I wouldn't make any important decisions at this time, especially if its based on anything that has happened during lockdown.
We're under great strain and everybody has been wrong about so many important aspects of this pandemic.... how is C-19 transmitted, is there herd immunity, how do we avoid it, who gets sick, who dies, is it possible to be asymptomatic, is it seasonal, can you get it from a surface, should children stay home from school, do ventilators help? is sunlight important, the usefulness of masks, hydroxychloroquine, etc etc.

Since the 2 week lockdown began 10 weeks ago we've all changed our minds many times. This includes governments and scientists and common people. Now most of us think that even if we get C-19 it wont be so bad unless we're old or sick.

Like you I have spent the last 10 years, happily with my wife. And like you I have experienced the loss of everything that was important to me. I've had alot of time to think about losing everything and whatever happens between us during this crazy time it won't be enough to make me go through that again.

If you found a good woman, who can live with you for 10 years without fighting, and you decide that, all things considered you don't want to continue with her, you should (with her permission) let the other expats know how to contact her.

[/QUOTE]
If you found a good woman, who can live with you for 10 years without fighting, and you decide that, all things considered you don't want to continue with her, you should (with her permission) let the other expats know how to contact her.
[/QUOTE]

Great idea - share the bounty.....!

Back