Who is Stayin Alive?

And even then, it's not certain you will have. I'm wearing those shoes.

Make sure you are present beyond 4 YO, before that there are no memories. After that, his memories are the ones her mother will allow for him unless you are a present father and manage not to be treated like a foe by the mother or depicted as one.

Hard times ahead if so.

Iz

Reactions: ben
Well, mine went back to Corrientes last night just could not handle it. I have the feeling we won't ever be seeing each other again. The funny/sad part was her trying to explain how much she loves me and can we be together again after the pandemic. My response to that was just... Thank you for your years and memories. Famous last words now. Truth she just could not handle it and she was one dangerous cat once she got loose. I went for a walk around the block yesterday before she left. Found her and her friend that owns a restaurant is exposed to 100s of people a day sitting in the car windows closed with no masks. Opppps in my mind your dangerous and crazy I would not get in a car with closed windows with a person that is exposed to the public like for a million bills. So like they say besitos.

She is going from a life in a beach house with everything she could want back to the poorest parts of Argentina. I cannot calculate that. My thinking is in about a month she will be thinking.... what did I do? And I can do nothing now but relax and wait this out.

She is going from a life in a beach house with everything she could want back to the poorest parts of Argentina. I cannot calculate that. My thinking is in about a month she will be thinking.... what did I do? And I can do nothing now but relax and wait this out.
Sounds like you and your ex want very different things.

Mr. Donald - it looks like you and I posted about the exact same time, and said very similar things. I'd say that great minds think alike, or call it serendipitous, but I'm not sure that we'd agree on much else, considering you post under the sobriquet of Mr. Donald Trump or whatever it is.

For Fiscal, not that you need to read it, but this is pretty neat: the UK version of Westlaw allows this summary to be viewed without requiring a subscription. https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreut...ontextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1

Short version:

0) Argentina sees itself as having jurisdiction, no question.
1) custody is "always assigned to the mother in cases where the child is under 5 years of age."
2) unmarried couples' division of property is not as in a "common law marriage" as in some places, but by contract (like we have in California), except as to the family home, and the "compensation rights for non-working party in charge of child education." This is apart from child support.
3) the above notwithstanding, you'll probably have to maintain her for some period of time, even if there's no alimony available to her. Proving infidelity on her party is pointless (even if you felt like you wanted to and could, which it doesn't sound like), as Argentina dispensed with fault-based marriage dissolutions a few years ago, and you're not even married.
4) child support in Argentina is absolutely brutal. You can pay until the kid is 25, you can be sued by the mother, the kid (when he reaches 18), and even whatever guy (or gal) the mother shacks up with next, provided they marry. They'll get everything they can from you, and it's based on a percentage of your income. She gets the benefit of the doubt burden of proof-wise (ie. it's on you to demonstrate that the kid doesn't have need, or that you can't/shouldn't continue to provide 35 or 40 or whatever percent of your salary, and even if she makes more or marries some new guy, good luck getting the judge to adjust it). The guide doesn't say this, but you can expect to be at a disadvantage as a relatively higher earning foreigner.
5) watch out for domestic violence accusations, as that could really harm you.
6) these are general rules and local rules may vary based on your location/court.
The rules changed, it used to be 30% of your salary cash.
Not anymore.
Now both have to pays the expendichures 50/50 unless there is a huge gap between both.
But you can pay in goods because the money is for your child. So now it is Ok to pay the school, to buy clothes or food instead of cash.

Wife is from a middle class family from a small town. Two story house with a pool, two cars, maid that comes every day, had a nanny growing up, two vacations a year etc
Well, you have to understand her. In Argentina the state is dealing well with this pandemic until now, it makes sense for her to come back.
Forget whatever she might say, they say whatever when they are under stress.
My wife is almost 9 month and I had a similar situation with her wanting to go back to China.
If you don’t want to follow her back to Argentina she feels you are not familly, simple and she is right.

Sounds like you and your ex want very different things.

Sounds like your right. I want... let's follow guidelines and stay safe, while she wants a fantasy that there is no virus and no need to take any precautions. Those two different mentalities are surely not going to mix well at the moment. Sad but true.

I've talked to quite a few people who prefer to risk catching the virus to continue "living" in jail. They are mostly people under fifty, who feel they have excellent chances to come through it all right.

For Argentines, being kept away from friends and family can be a fate worse than death. It's in their genes.

Last edited:
Well, mine went back to Corrientes last night just could not handle it. I have the feeling we won't ever be seeing each other again. The funny/sad part was her trying to explain how much she loves me and can we be together again after the pandemic. My response to that was just... Thank you for your years and memories. Famous last words now. Truth she just could not handle it and she was one dangerous cat once she got loose. I went for a walk around the block yesterday before she left. Found her and her friend that owns a restaurant is exposed to 100s of people a day sitting in the car windows closed with no masks. Opppps in my mind your dangerous and crazy I would not get in a car with closed windows with a person that is exposed to the public like for a million bills. So like they say besitos.

Wish you all the best. Hope you find a partner more in sync with you.

I've talked to quite a few people who prefer to risk catching the virus to continue "living" in jail. They are mostly people under fifty, who feel they have excellent chances to come through it all right.

For Argentines, being kept away from friends and family can be a fate worse than death. It's in their genes.
I'm one of those... Again people need to understand this is not just about health. It is having a severe economic, social AND HEALTH impact. Businesses are being destroyed, jobs lost, kids being locked inside all day with no ability to go outside and exercise. Depression, family violence, health are all deteriating with the length this lockdown continues and for what? We have 0 cases in the state (1 month clean) I'm in and its now going on 3 months of lockdown - this is a Government initiative to control the population and force them to submit and be dependent on the Government for help. If they cared about old people they would support them directly and have initiatives targetting them to protect them and the other vunerable.

A blanket ban is amateur hour - this 'solution' is not sustainable and the Government has no plan except to keep people locked inside. I don't expect anything else from politicians though who are only interested in gaining more power and stealing as much money as possible. My view is if you are worried about the virus then STAY INSIDE - limit who can come in contact with you - disinfect all your vegetables/shopping and stay in bed. Why should the young and healthy suffer as well?

Back