Who is Stayin Alive?

The main thing is that if she plays hardball with custody, Fiscal can hint that he'd walk away from the whole thing (ie. playing hardball with the money).

They seem to be cash poor. But have various properties
I know many in the same situation, some of them with large real estate holdings - rental homes, shops, office buildings, and even ranches. Now they have trouble paying their property taxes. Things have been hectic here these past few years, and their cash reserves are gone.

What does her father do?

Last edited:
Well on staying Alive? Where is Steveinbsas?, no news from him, hope he is doing OK he lives down south in an isolated location away from the nearest city.

He's the number One historical contributor to this Forum with 9,176 postings..!

Well on staying Alive? Where is Steveinbsas?, no news from him, hope he is doing OK he lives down south in an isolated location away from the nearest city.

He's the number One historical contributor to this Forum with 9,176 postings..!
It is very strange - he just vanished. Does anyone know how old he is?

Let's hope Steve reappears in good health soon. He's our topmost expert in many areas and he has the patience to explain over and over, in detail subjects that are on file, Will be waiting for good news..!

I'm not at liberty to disclose his age, but I figure he's in the high risk group...

I know many in the same situation, some of them with large real estate holdings - rental homes, shops, office buildings, and even ranches. Now they have trouble paying their property taxes. Things have been hectic here these past few years, and their cash reserves are gone.

What does her father do?
Her dad has a small trucking business and her mom is a teacher and owns a small clothing store.

Here I go way out on a limb, just in case it helps.

Your in-laws seem to be solid middle class people - the best class, in my view. I dare say your son would have a proper upbringing with them.

To be honest, initially I was afraid your wife would be something of a gold-digger. She now sounds more like a small-town young girl who got dazzled by an exotic foreigner, and is now having second thoughts.

A reality check is inevitable in most relationships, but hard to deal with. Hope you get through it as unharmed as possible, without blaming each other too much. Much to your credit, you don't sound resentful. Best of luck......!

FISCAL,

Your fiancée's parents seem to fit into the category of "SOLID" to me as well.

It's not easy to do what they are doing. And dare I say it, It's probably double hard to do what they are doing in Argentina. Particularly if they have a few employees on staff. And I tend to agree with On The Brink ... Your son would probably do well in that environment growing up.

Right, I am sure he will grow up fine there, assuming that is where is mother decides to live. It is mostly just that, unless I also live in Argentina for the next 21 years, it is unlikely I will have any real relationship with him.

Back