Who is Stayin Alive?

Pensador

Registered
I hope all are well staying alive marriage is on a ventilator do not think it will make it. I finally put her in another apartment until this over. Some people can have every need met but face reality and isolation is not something they can handle. But really do not think the waste of resources is a good idea at this time so I may insist she get repatriation docs in place and go home in Argentina. It seems to be a lot more peaceful around here without all the fighting over following guidelines. I just she does not find the true potential of all this the hard way. Thinks it is going like in two months I am told her no way we are just getting started here.

Other than that lots of work keeping busy thankfully.

No shortages here in URU everything opened up this past week for the most part. That means now is the time to hide my tail and stay in till we see what happens with this opening things up. Fingers crossed.

We're hunkered down in La Plata. The roads into La Plata are blocked, which has resulted in very few cases of C-19 here so far.
MercadoLibre has been delivering stuff with no problem. Carrefour's delivering food. So we're comfortable in that sense. My biggest health risk is all the pastas and pies that my wife makes.

I'm a very senior-senior (yikes) so I've only been going out to walk my dog for 10 minutes twice a day. My wife is working online so she's occupied. But I'm starting to crack. I feel like the inmate in the old prison movies, the one who loses control and starts banging his tin cup on the cell bars, insanely yelling 'Let me outta here!!'.

My wife and I are getting along well but not without stress. The vet recommended that we take our dog to BsAs for an MRI, we argue if thats too much risk.
Our daughter is going to deliver our first granddaughter in late July and we worry that the hospital will be able to admit her to an isolated maternity ward.

The worst part is I had this year packed with reservations for amazing travel to exotic places around the world, 13 countries that I've always wanted to see. Cancelling those trips has been a real downer because I don't know when, if ever, I'll be able to have those adventures.

This January we arrived at EZE from Hanoi with 150 sick Chinese men on our flight coughing and sneezing into their hands. I don't know how we didn't get sick. But we saw C-19 upclose and we're not looking forward to meeting it again.

La Nacion today said that alot of people are booking flights for after Sept. I'm undecided whether I want to spend the next year or two safely decaying here or to head out into the world and take my chances.

I hope all are well staying alive marriage is on a ventilator do not think it will make it. I finally put her in another apartment until this over. Some people can have every need met but face reality and isolation is not something they can handle. But really do not think the waste of resources is a good idea at this time so I may insist she get repatriation docs in place and go home in Argentina. It seems to be a lot more peaceful around here without all the fighting over following guidelines. I just she does not find the true potential of all this the hard way. Thinks it is going like in two months I am told her no way we are just getting started here.

Other than that lots of work keeping busy thankfully.

No shortages here in URU everything opened up this past week for the most part. That means now is the time to hide my tail and stay in till we see what happens with this opening things up. Fingers crossed.
Well, that's a shame to lose your relationship over this. I truly am sorry for the turn things have taken.

I URGE YOU to find middle ground if that is possible. The virus is temporary, it willl pass in time.

La Nacion today said that alot of people are booking flights for after Sept. I'm undecided whether I want to spend the next year or two safely decaying here or to head out into the world and take my chances.

Living just to avoid getting the virus does no make sense to me. I'm willing to take sensible precautions, by all means, but won't make my life ONLY about not catching it. Even for seventy year-olds, the chances of dying of CV-19 are just about one in ten. The idea of a "safely decaying" life scares me far more than that.

Of course, it's a matter of personal choice, but I wouldn't risk a good marriage over this virus.

Last edited:
Living just to avoid getting the virus does no make sense to me. I'm willing to take sensible precautions, by all means, but won't make my life ONLY about not catching it. Even for seventy year-olds, the chances of dying of CV-19 are just about one in ten. The idea of a "safely decaying" life scares me far more than that.

Of course, it's a matter of personal choice, but I wouldn't risk a good marriage over this virus.
I'd rather die happy than live miserably. I MEAN THAT. Life without love and happiness is misery.

In the News today a Verduleria in Belgrano closed , 3 employees tested CV19 `positive. The story is that around the block there is a hotel full of people under quarantine and that they shop at the said Verduleria / Greengrocer. That's how they got infected..! They touched the goods, some wearing masks. Do you disinfect your veggies?
All gossip and hearsay. Telefono roto..!

To disinfect veggies, keep a pan with a water-Clorox mixture and dip them into it. Rinse after ten minutes.

Back